Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    On Target

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Happy New Year everyone!

  2. #12
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Happy New Year
    My all y’all have a blessed one in 2019.

  3. #13
    Newbie

    User Info Menu

    Happy New Year and I'm glad to be here!

  4. #14
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Happy and Safe New Year to all! Hoping good health and prosperity to all!

    Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

  5. #15
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimdanos View Post
    Have a safe, happy and blessed new year.

    P.S. Putting the turkey carcass to boil for a turkey and sausage gumbo.
    I've never done it this way...so you make your roux then add the liquid from the boil afterward? I ask because I will have a turkey carcass soon.
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

  6. #16
    -Global Mod-

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    I've never done it this way...so you make your roux then add the liquid from the boil afterward? I ask because I will have a turkey carcass soon.
    Yes. Instead of adding pain water you just add the Turkey Stock
    .

  7. #17
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jimdanos View Post
    Have a safe, happy and blessed new year.

    P.S. Putting the turkey carcass to boil for a turkey and sausage gumbo.

    Actually what would work best is to roast the carcass in the oven first. Then put the carcass into a pot of cold water and bring it up to a low simmering boil. Boil it that way for about another hour. You don't want a really vigorous boil just a low simmering bubbling boil. When that's done removed the carcass bones any loose meat set aside in strain the broth in a fine-mesh strainer. I like to pick through this carcass for any loose meat and add it to the gumbo. Now after straining the liquid you have a good clean stock ready for an awesome gumbo.
    Last edited by N4sir; January 1st, 2019 at 06:34 PM.
    Don't forget your guns!!!

    "Good food is like good lovin'!"

  8. #18
    -Administrator-
    Make your own luck

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by N4sir View Post
    Actually what would work best is to roast the carcass in the oven first. Then put the carcass into a pot of cold water and bring it up to a low simmering boil. Boil it that way for about another hour. You don't want a really vigorous boil just a low simmering bubbling boil. When that's done removed the carcass bones any loose meat set aside in strain the broth in a fine-mesh strainer. I like to pick through this carcass for any loose meat and add it to the gumbo. Now after straining the liquid you have a good clean stock ready for an awesome gumbo.
    Smart man here! I will be doing exactly this!
    -- Austin

    "There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan


    Failing to plan is planning to fail.

  9. #19
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Happy New Year !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •