Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

User Info Menu

It is incredible to me that the G43 sold 1 million pistols in just 3 years. I wonder how many years it took the original G17 to sell 1 million?

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I went and handled the 43X and the 48 at Baton Rouge Police Supply today. And for those with a badge (or those with a GSSF membership), blue label price is somewhere around $360.

I was surprised how comfortable the 48 was. For those that think the 19 is the perfect sized gun, the 48 may be just the ticket for something a bit slimmer and easier to wear under cover, but with enough barrel to give some decent sight radius.

The 43X just felt like another subcompact single stack 9mm to me. I guess if I was in the market to replace my Shield or my 42 I'd look more seriously at one, but those do everything I ask them to, so the 43X would just feel redundant.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    I went and handled the 43X and the 48 at Baton Rouge Police Supply today. And for those with a badge (or those with a GSSF membership), blue label price is somewhere around $360.

I was surprised how comfortable the 48 was. For those that think the 19 is the perfect sized gun, the 48 may be just the ticket for something a bit slimmer and easier to wear under cover, but with enough barrel to give some decent sight radius.

The 43X just felt like another subcompact single stack 9mm to me. I guess if I was in the market to replace my Shield or my 42 I'd look more seriously at one, but those do everything I ask them to, so the 43X would just feel redundant.

Mike
    How would you compare the 48 to the Shield?
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    How would you compare the 48 to the Shield?
    Well, the obvious is that the 48 is a single stack and the Shield is a double stack ... so the grip on the Shield is thicker. But I was surprised how manageable the 48 grip felt (especially with the bit of extra length), and I suspect that on the draw I would get better purchase on the 48 than I can on the Shield, especially with the 7 round mag and a flat base plate.

The M&P grip angle works really well for my body geometry ... and not having shot a 48, I'm not sure how it would compare. I've been shooting more Glocks lately, though, so I suspect it would be a toss-up there.

The Gen 5 trigger is crisp and the reset is both audible and tactile. It felt very much like my 19X, which is superb.

I'm not big on the silver colored slide, so if I was going to get one I'd probably wait for a black slide version to come out.

A Marshal came in while I was there and he was also looking at the 48. I can't speak for him, but our brief exchange about the gun suggested that he was also pleasantly surprised by the 48. I think he was wearing a 43.

I'm looking forward to trying one out eventually.

Mike

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    Well, the obvious is that the 48 is a single stack and the Shield is a double stack ... so the grip on the Shield is thicker. But I was surprised how manageable the 48 grip felt (especially with the bit of extra length), and I suspect that on the draw I would get better purchase on the 48 than I can on the Shield, especially with the 7 round mag and a flat base plate.

The M&P grip angle works really well for my body geometry ... and not having shot a 48, I'm not sure how it would compare. I've been shooting more Glocks lately, though, so I suspect it would be a toss-up there.

The Gen 5 trigger is crisp and the reset is both audible and tactile. It felt very much like my 19X, which is superb.

I'm not big on the silver colored slide, so if I was going to get one I'd probably wait for a black slide version to come out.

A Marshal came in while I was there and he was also looking at the 48. I can't speak for him, but our brief exchange about the gun suggested that he was also pleasantly surprised by the 48. I think he was wearing a 43.

I'm looking forward to trying one out eventually.

Mike
    Thank you for the details, I appreciate it. I am in the market for a smaller gun to run with and wear with summer attire, now that my Shield is no more. Hopefully someone near me gets one soon where I can try it out.
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Thank you for the details, I appreciate it. I am in the market for a smaller gun to run with and wear with summer attire, now that my Shield is no more. Hopefully someone near me gets one soon where I can try it out.
    If you’d like to give the G48 a try at the range in on Jan 22nd, ill bring it and you can give it a test drive. Also, have you considered the P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Text incoming!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    -- Austin

--Michael Jordan

Marksman

User Info Menu

I picked up a G48 last week one great gun ..... only problem I found was the face of the trigger after 150 round my finger was in pain
    SlAKers Club Member 420
    Member GSSF

I have GUN's

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nastynewt View Post
    I picked up a G48 last week one great gun ..... only problem I found was the face of the trigger after 150 round my finger was in pain
    Sand it down until smooth.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nastynewt View Post
    Is the G48 trigger different than any of the other Glock triggers? I've never found this to be problematic ... put about 300 rounds through my bone-stock Glock 22 last weekend and my finger was just fine.

Mike