Join BayouShooter For Free
Interstate Guns

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
Results 31 to 35 of 35
  1. #31
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    At least they are standing behind it.

    Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

  2. #32
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsbud View Post
    At least they are standing behind it.

    Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    They are going to look at it at least. If it is the barrel, I can only hope they will replace it in the configuration I sent it in. It was about $200 to trim the barrel to time the $75 muzzle devise so as to not need shims and to weld the muzzle device.

  3. #33
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    They are going to look at it at least. If it is the barrel, I can only hope they will replace it in the configuration I sent it in. It was about $200 to trim the barrel to time the $75 muzzle devise so as to not need shims and to weld the muzzle device.
    Jeez. That's expensive. I paid $100 for my KAK value line 10.5" and it's been awesome. My rifle upper came complete from a place called thunder tactical and it's the one with the tight chamber.

    Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

  4. #34
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsbud View Post
    Jeez. That's expensive. I paid $100 for my KAK value line 10.5" and it's been awesome. My rifle upper came complete from a place called thunder tactical and it's the one with the tight chamber.

    Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    The barrel itself was around $150. A local gunsmith shaved the end of the barrel at the base of the threads so the muzzle break would be timed without having to use shims. Then he welded the brake. That was the $200 part.

    A 10.5" 308? How bad is that to shoot? I thought I was a glutton for punishment by considering a 12.5". what receivers do you have? I have a spare SBA3 brace in FDE and I'm trying to figure out what pistol to build around it. I have pistols in 9mm, 300 blk, and 5.56 so I was considering a 308. I try to not go with exotic calibers simply to keep cost of ammo lower.

  5. #35
    Marksman

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    I use a DPMS brake so it's not bad at all. The muzzle blast is ridiculously loud and will blow objects off neighboring tables. Have not accuracy tested it yet... I'm using Tennessee arms Polymer lowers cheap and have been holding up. They even take most parts from an AR15 LPK only needing different takedown pins.

    Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •