Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Moving forward

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    There are some options that are just simply bad, such as carrying in the small of the back
    You saying Magnum P.I. Was wrong??

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tboy View Post
    You saying Magnum P.I. Was wrong??
    Yes. Small of the back carry is dangerous. A bad fall can paralyze you.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Looks like they should be hanging off of a saddle not shoved down someones pants. I actually do know someone that carries his 43 in one. I think its a gun toaster. Gun might come flying out when you give it a big tug under stress.
    Nope. Watch the vid and youll see why that wont happen
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

I know you are probably right but I would think when the purchase you have during the draw stroke is on the holster and not the gun once the holster is exposed and stops the inertia of the pistol might continue upward and send the pistol out and falling to the ground. I just would not feel safe drawing a holster then making contact with the pistol. The cart seems to be in front of the horse on this one.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BDill View Post
    Yeah, I like his vids, but Im not built like him at all. I dont share his tremendous overhang problem. I think thats his primary issue with that holster. If I did have a big old gut hanging down like that, I dare say Id just lift that mammoth gut and stick the gun in there with no holster. Im pretty sure his gut could hold a full size auto.
    He also did a review on Serpa holsters and called them hot garbage...
    Truthfully, the guy seems a tad overly unhappy with the holster. Buyers remorse maybe?
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

All or nothing

User Info Menu

I know you are probably right but I would think when the purchase you have during the draw stroke is on the holster and not the gun once the holster is exposed and stops the inertia of the pistol might continue upward and send the pistol out and falling to the ground. I just would not feel safe drawing a holster then making contact with the pistol. The cart seems to be in front of the horse on this one.
    I see your point MD. I’d expect a learning period. The guy in the ad makes the draw look easy. The attraction for me is the deep concealment that it appears to afford. Looks like the gun is secure. Have you seen the ad where the guy pulls a pistol gripped shotgun out of his pants?

Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Come to think of it I might get one to carry a pint of Jack into the movies. Bootlegging. Excuse me while I whip dis out.

Tim

User Info Menu

Come to think of it I might get one to carry a pint of Jack into the movies. Bootlegging. Excuse me while I whip dis out.
    Now THAT could be a good use for this holster!!

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Lol, awesome!
    Clearly people prefer different methods of carry and different means of retention. My favorites have included belly bands and versa carry currently, but I’ve also carried shoulder rigs when dress allows. I can see where I could make this setup work... but not if I’m fat as a pig. That guy was cracking me up.

Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Like I said I have a friend that uses one. I may have to check it out. Like they say once you go urban....

Tim