Wow.

This holster is worst than the following:

Serpa
    3 in 1 gunshow special holster
    Uncle Mike’s nylon iwb/owb models
    Crossbreed holsters
    RM holsters
    Gas station sushi
    I agree with all of the above. To say an Urban Carry holster is anything better than trash is a disservice. Honestly, it's just slightly better than carrying with no holster in that the trigger is somewhat covered.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Urban Carry holsters?

While we are on the subject of Serpa holsters I have a question and maybe an expert on here can answer it. If the big problem is stuff getting caught In the mechanism is it also advisable to not use guns with cutouts in the slide when we go into battle? I would think a custom milled slide or a Glock 34 etc would just invite trash and lint to enter. I personally carried a serpa on duty for years while assigned to motors and never had a problem so I guess I will consider myself lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by MOTOR51; January 7th, 2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Censored by "them"

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I gave a guy 20 bucks for a Carbon Fiber look, Serpa, it is a great Range Holster for my 1911's New in the package so no way are the Junk.
    Last edited by 340six; January 7th, 2019 at 08:05 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    While we are on the subject of Serpa holsters I have a question and maybe an expert on here can answer it. If the big problem is stuff getting caught In the mechanism is it also advisable to not use guns with cutouts in the slide when we go into battle? I would think a custom milled slide or a Glock 34 etc would just invite trash and lint to enter. I personally carried a serpa on duty for years while assigned to motors and never had a problem so I guess I will consider myself lucky.
    You did good! I only had to be lucky 4 or 5 nights over the course of 60 or so days.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me foreign objects could disable almost anything mechanical, including revolvers.

On the subject of dust bunnies and lint, its amazing how much lint works into a completely closed up, striker fired, handgun. I have a bad habit of cleaning the lint, out of my carry gun, before I go to the range, when I should probably function test it, full of lint. Its carried that way about half the time. Will I need to read the wind so I don't fill my eyebrows with lint on the first shot?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tiollib View Post
    Yes. Small of the back carry is dangerous. A bad fall can paralyze you.
    I've heard this a lot. Where does this come from? It sounds like typical gun-shop wisdom.
    Last edited by JoeLiberty; January 8th, 2019 at 02:39 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLiberty View Post
    I've heard this a lot. Where does this come from? It sounds like typical gun-shop wisdom.
    If by "this" you mean lint, there was a little sarcasm, if I was concerned about my carry gun functioning with lint, I would have tested it already.

EDIT
    Thanks for adding the quote Joe. I was confused.
    Last edited by FORman; January 8th, 2019 at 03:11 PM.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLiberty View Post
    It is common knowledge not to carry a hard object such as a pistol over your spine where a hard fall "could possibly" injure your spine.