Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Come to think of it I might get one to carry a pint of Jack into the movies. Bootlegging. Excuse me while I whip dis out.
    I see it as a great way to get food out of a buffet or wedding. How many mini muffalettas you think will fit in one?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bunch of guys could put Golden Corral out of business wearing them.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Yeah, I like his vids, but Im not built like him at all. I dont share his tremendous overhang problem. I think thats his primary issue with that holster. If I did have a big old gut hanging down like that, I dare say Id just lift that mammoth gut and stick the gun in there with no holster. Im pretty sure his gut could hold a full size auto.
    He also did a review on Serpa holsters and called them hot garbage...
    Truthfully, the guy seems a tad overly unhappy with the holster. Buyers remorse maybe?
    Serpa holsters are also terrible...hence why they are banned at many ranges and in many classes.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Serpa holsters are also terrible...hence why they are banned at many ranges and in many classes.
    I’ve never used a serpa but as much as I hear the name I assumed they were popular. What’s the problem with those?
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    I’ve never used a serpa but as much as I hear the name I assumed they were popular. What’s the problem with those?
    The problem was some people were allowing their trigger finger to drop straight into the trigger guard, after pushing the button, as they draw. I never had that problem using my trigger finger pointed straight down and hard over the button. The gun would come out with my finger above the guard pointed straight down the slide. The drawback for me was hard pointing my trigger finger made the mag release harder to hit.

I bought one as a $29 local solution to start shooting USPSA, while I waited 60 days for my Red Hill Tactical holster to come in.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FORman View Post
    The problem was some people were allowing their trigger finger to drop straight into the trigger guard, after pushing the button, as they draw. I never had that problem using my trigger finger pointed straight down and hard over the button. The gun would come out with my finger above the guard pointed straight down the slide. The drawback for me was hard pointing my trigger finger made the mag release harder to hit.

I bought one as a $29 local solution to start shooting USPSA, while I waited 60 days for my Red Hill Tactical holster to come in.
    Got it. And thanks.
    Seems the more bad I hear about certain products nowadays, the more it seems the true problems lie with the users. Idk, just seems that way to me. I was born long before they started passing all the idiot proof laws for products meant for general public. If they can’t idiot proof something they deem ‘hazardous’ they just outlaw it. Like the reason they banned the sale of 3 wheelers and stuff like that. Pretty soon you won’t be able to mow your lawn because they’ll ban the sale of those heinous blade spinning mowers and we’ll all be forced to buy drums of roundup or go to artificial turf...
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Mowers already have warnings about picking them up
    And using it as a hedger. I guess John boy and billy Bob chopped their fingers off doing that, won a multi million dollar law suit and now we have another warning sticker.

Tim

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Mowers already have warnings about picking them up
    And using it as a hedger. I guess John boy and billy Bob chopped their fingers off doing that, won a multi million dollar law suit and now we have another warning sticker.
    three wheelers came with plenty of warnings too.
    Personally I feel it would be far more productive to just let nature take its course...

Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

But it’s for the children so we must do something!!

Tim

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FORman View Post

There were a lot more problems with them than just that. Items could get stuck in the mechanism causing it to lock up where the gun could not be removed. There was also an issue with lint, if I remember correctly getting stuck in there and causing the firearm to go off upon drawing.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.