Urban Carry holsters?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Looks like they should be hanging off of a saddle not shoved down someone’s pants. I actually do know someone that carries his 43 in one. I think it’s a gun toaster. Gun might come flying out when you give it a big tug under stress.

Joe2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2018
    Prairieville, LA
    I have a similar holster, but it has a phone case on the outside part, and doesn't flap over the top of the gun (bought it at a gun show, http://www.concealedcomfort.com/video.shtml). So instead of having a weird, useless flap over your belt, you just look like an old-timer with a crappy belt-mounted cell phone case.
    The muzzle of your gun will probably stick out the bottom and prints when you sit. I had a leather worker sew an extension on mine to cover the muzzle, but it still prints when I sit. So, I sit with my hand over it, or wear a jacket to cover it. Works okay, but with khaki pants, like the guy in the "suck and fail" video, it prints badly even when standing. Works okay with dark pants, as long as you are standing. Not a great option - it works okay, but not great. I'm looking hard at a 3speed holster or PT-one to replace it when I'm wearing a tucked in shirt.

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have a buddy who really likes his. I borrowed it for a few weeks and tried it, but didn't like it. I will say, if you have a gut, it would probably be harder to use, no matter what. I'm also not a big fan of any firearm near, or pointing at, my junk....:dogkeke:

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Urban Carry Holsters are the epitome of "derp." Don't be a derp.

If you like the idea of an appendix holster that can have a shirt tucked into it, look into getting a nice holster made with an Ulticlip attached. I cannot recommend this setup anymore. Appendix carry is the way to go for a plethora of good reasons. Personally, I prefer to have a shirt not tucked in over it, but if that's your thing you can clip the ulticlip either to the belt or behind your belt and tuck the shirt right into it. More concealable, more comfortable, safer, more reliable, and less derpy.

Do yourself a favor and don't waste your money on the UC holster.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Use what works for you and train with it.

Training with what you use is imperative regardless of method of carrying. There are some options that are just simply bad, such as carrying in the small of the back, or using an UC holster, and I would argue that they shouldn't be trained "around" but instead should be avoided

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I know you are probably right but I would think when the purchase you have during the draw stroke is on the holster and not the gun once the holster is exposed and stops the inertia of the pistol might continue upward and send the pistol out and falling to the ground. I just would not feel safe drawing a holster then making contact with the pistol. The cart seems to be in front of the horse on this one.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Yeah, I like his vids, but I’m not built like him at all. I don’t share his tremendous overhang problem. I think that’s his primary issue with that holster. If I did have a big old gut hanging down like that, I dare say I’d just lift that mammoth gut and stick the gun in there with no holster. I’m pretty sure his gut could hold a full size auto.
    He also did a review on Serpa holsters and called them hot garbage...
    Truthfully, the guy seems a tad overly unhappy with the holster. Buyer’s remorse maybe?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I know you are probably right but I would think when the purchase you have during the draw stroke is on the holster and not the gun once the holster is exposed and stops the inertia of the pistol might continue upward and send the pistol out and falling to the ground. I just would not feel safe drawing a holster then making contact with the pistol. The cart seems to be in front of the horse on this one.
    I see your point MD. I’d expect a learning period. The guy in the ad makes the draw look easy. The attraction for me is the deep concealment that it appears to afford. Looks like the gun is secure. Have you seen the ad where the guy pulls a pistol gripped shotgun out of his pants?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Come to think of it I might get one to carry a pint of Jack into the movies. Bootlegging. Excuse me while I whip dis out.
    Lol, awesome!
    Clearly people prefer different methods of carry and different means of retention. My favorites have included belly bands and versa carry currently, but I’ve also carried shoulder rigs when dress allows. I can see where I could make this setup work... but not if I’m fat as a pig. That guy was cracking me up.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Like I said I have a friend that uses one. I may have to check it out. Like they say once you go urban....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom