Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    XD-GEM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfish View Post
    Exactly how does one properly register a firearm in Louisiana when there is no registry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Louisiana law mimics federal law in calling silencers "firearms" like "machine guns" and requires registration of them. Article says the guy had some "homemade silencers" in his possession.

Start here and keep hitting the "next" button:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?p=y&d=97843

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XD-GEM View Post
    Louisiana law mimics federal law in calling silencers "firearms" like "machine guns" and requires registration of them. Article says the guy had some "homemade silencers" in his possession.

Start here and keep hitting the "next" button:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?p=y&d=97843
    I get it and understand if that was referring to the suppressors. I just had a temporary brain fart and forgot that suppressors are classified as firearms. I hear/read firearms, I immediately think and picture...you know, actual firearms rather than a firearm accessory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XD-GEM

Premium Member

User Info Menu

You and me both, Tigerfish.

I was flabbergasted the first time I came upon that little section of the law.

wannabe operator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    You really wanna know whatís going on in Golden Meadow? Well, looks like the law finally Woke up from writing speeding tickets long enough to realize thereís some crime going on. Hahahahaha! Morning sunshine!
    You mean the 2 officers actually did some ďrealĒ police work?

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Repetitive conditioning. The media says it enough times and people accept it without even knowing. Like Ďassault weaponí (formerly assault style weapon), Ďhigh capacity magazineí, etc. So, somehow even many gun owners believe guns must be registered to the owner.
    As for the registered when bought theory, the feds get their names and serial numbers and thatís all they care about. Is that registration? Hmmm, one could argue that itís not. But Iím not naive enough to believe that all that info has not been recorded and stored since day one of the the federal background check being instituted and if thatís not registration...well, we can think of another name for it if itíll make you happy.
    When my dad's and I guns were taken from his home they knew all I had bought from day one and his as well. Everything.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

So y'all better make sure you have a police report for the guns ya lost on that boating insistent.

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    When my dad's and I guns were taken from his home they knew all I had bought from day one and his as well. Everything.
    Wait. 'They' took firearms belonging to both you, and your father?

Who is 'They'?

Was there a 'Why', or a 'When'?

How did they get a list, as you describe?

Please, more info.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Is his azz crack an extension of his home?
    When I saw no one replied yet, I am picturing you going "Hello, Hello, Is this thing on?"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    Wait. 'They' took firearms belonging to both you, and your father?

Who is 'They'?

Was there a 'Why', or a 'When'?

How did they get a list, as you describe?

Please, more info.
    You didnít know the ATF can track firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    You didn’t know the ATF can track firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Unless it's their's,They can't track the ones they allowed over the border.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.