How's the market?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    I've got several handguns I've decided to sell to accumulate cash for a new acquisition; however, I've read some comments about the market being significantly down now, and just browsing thru the WTS listings here it doesn't look very good. Is it really not a good time to sell, or am I just being pessimistic?

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Probably not the best time to sell but you never know what someone else "needs" right now and might have some Christmas money to blow. Doesn't cost anything to post them on BS! An advanced search of completed and sold items on GB will help determine current market value but can vary by region.

Strick8

Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Jan 16, 2018
    Hammond, LA
    I've got several handguns I've decided to sell to accumulate cash for a new acquisition; however, I've read some comments about the market being significantly down now, and just browsing thru the WTS listings here it doesn't look very good. Is it really not a good time to sell, or am I just being pessimistic?

I can tell you I’m having a tough time selling some of mine, but trade market seems healthy. I’ve made several trades recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    It seems to be a buyers market right now. But, the nice thing about forum sales, is you can list it for what you want, entertain offers for trade or cash offers, sell it or keep it.

racerxxx

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 17, 2015
    New Orleans, LA
    If you're a seller this market sucks. I have some very nice things that haven't moved.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

What? You've been on here long enough to see the pattern of sales.

Mark up a $450.00 dollar gun to $850.00 dollars cause 98% of the other sellers do the same.....and then wonder why it doesn't sell?

lol...Good Luck btw!

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    It is a definitely a buyer’s market currently and has been for quite a while. I had a few antique pistols in immaculate condition that were all appraised and valued at over $1000 each. After months of trying to sell, I finally gave in to the market and sold to the highest bidder. Highest I got for any of them was $750. Not a huge difference by any means, but had I had the option to hold onto them longer, I would have eventually been able to get that $1000+ value out of them.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The only thing selling well right now are military surplus firearms. So if you've got a closet full of P-08, or P-38s, then list away.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom