Cop shoots tiny chihuahua in owners yard on video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok Austin, lemme make it easy for both of us. I believe what I believe because. Just because.
    If I felt the need to defend that I’d start rolling out links and fill this thread with more than you’d care to watch, so, we live in a police state and I don’t approve of that. I bet I’m not alone in those beliefs. I don’t really care what you believe because it doesn’t affect me. I don’t care if you disagree, that’s your right.

So basically you could not be here to learn anything because you are closed minded. Sounds like the perfect person to be a member of a discussion board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

J.Ellis

One for the road
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Madisonville,LA
    I can not believe this is still going on...

Some people are assholes.
    Cops are people and some of them assholes.
    BUT
    Most people are NOT assholes.
    Cops are people and most of them are NOT assholes.

Opinions are like assholes we all got one.

Nuff said

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ok Austin, lemme make it easy for both of us. I believe what I believe because. Just because.
    If I felt the need to defend that I’d start rolling out links and fill this thread with more than you’d care to watch, so, we live in a police state and I don’t approve of that. I bet I’m not alone in those beliefs. I don’t really care what you believe because it doesn’t affect me. I don’t care if you disagree, that’s your right.
    It’s like this, you keep asking me to prove to you that something is so when I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I don’t care what you believe. I’m simply making a statement. People who ask for proof usually aren’t convinced one way or the other. I have all the proof I need to have formed my own opinion. Why do you think I need to prove anything to myself? It’s fine for you to disagree with my view of things but you can’t leave it at that. You keep demanding something from me when I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m not trying to make you change your views on the subject. How many times do I have to tell you that your beliefs don’t affect mine?
    For the record, I don’t feel my logic is twisted and I don’t agree with any anti gunners.

I fully support your right to have irrational beliefs, but why are you on here trying to preach your irrational beliefs as factual? What's the point on making statements here and telling others they are wrong?

Of course you don't feel that your logic is twisted or wrong. No one does until they realize that they were wrong.

What do you think about the video that Perez shared?

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    I don’t really care what you believe because it doesn’t affect me. I don’t care if you disagree, that’s your right. It’s like this, you keep asking me to prove to you that something is so when I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything. I don’t care what you believe.

For some reason, I always find it mildly funny when someone says “I don’t care” then proceeds to write a damn novella.

Seems to me that based on the length and number of your replies you certainly care a lot about what some of the others think on this topic.

I’m simply making a statement. People who ask for proof usually aren’t convinced one way or the other. I have all the proof I need to have formed my own opinion. Why do you think I need to prove anything to myself?

Even my daughter, who is in 2nd grade, understands that she must have a basis for her opinions. And yes she (probably like most others in 2nd grade nowadays) has to write opinion pieces as a graded assignment. She won’t lose points for having an absurd or off-the-wall opinion, but she will fail if she can’t defend that opinion by using facts to form a basis for that opinion. All anyone has asked you to do is to support your opinion with facts or state the basis for how you came to that opinion. Largely you have been unable to do so as your opinions seem to be based on emotion rather than fact. Those types of opinions are invalid at best, dangerous at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I appreciate all the concern fellas. I’ll wrap up my part here and now. My replies have been to those challenging what I believe. Those attempting to have me see it their way. You can read. Look at the thread. Those of you who’ve been so dubious in attempting to challenge my beliefs have done the preaching. Keep on preaching and throwing the insults. Yeah, you’ll deny that too. Go waste the effort on someone else.
    It’s easier to just to put you on my ignore list and be done with it.
    I promise not to visit this thread again.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I appreciate all the concern fellas. I’ll wrap up my part here and now. My replies have been to those challenging what I believe. Those attempting to have me see it their way. You can read. Look at the thread. Those of you who’ve been so dubious in attempting to challenge my beliefs have done the preaching. Keep on preaching and throwing the insults. Yeah, you’ll deny that too. Go waste the effort on someone else.
    It’s easier to just to put you on my ignore list and be done with it.
    I promise not to visit this thread again.
    Yeah buddy, that's the spirit! Just turn your blinders on and ignore anyone who supplies facts that challenge and disprove your current beliefs.

Again you've found a way to completely ignore everyone and everything said, without providing any counter argument, while still claiming that people are insulting you. I guessssss truth / the facts hurt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’ve missed out on a lot of chatter over the last two days.

A couple points.

*Stats don’t lie, people do*, but stats can give you a flase result due to intentional or in intentional biases. Which ever set of stats you use just for the sake of argument multiply it by 260 estimated workdays in a year. Assuming a bad apple is a bad apple every day and not just when he is caught. Is that a fair calculation? Probably not, but I’m sure there are more people who felt mistreated who would never file a complaint.

The stats would still be boastfully low.

Still those instances of bad behavior should be handled swiftly, publicly and fairly. I’m sorry if that puts a good guy on the hot seat (I’ve heard it said before let the court sort it out), but any whiff of conspiracy only fuels a public fear and mistrust. And there are plenty of fair minded people who share the fear and mistrust that Mag Dump professes.

One other thing that adds fuel to the fire is likely a perception problem more than anything but a problem; many LEO are retired military which isn’t bad, but unit cohesion that is admirable, may appear to the public less admirable and more gangster.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would shoot a dog before I let it bite me. Every time, no days off, no matter what kind of dog it was, even if it was a cop dog.

Why would I let a dog bite me if I could stop it? Dogs are fast, and they are good at biting, and they can carry some nasty diseases that does not harm them like it harms us.

I know most people like their dog more than they like me, but that does not change the fact that I like myself more than I like any dog, period.

Humans did not get to the top of the food chain by letting animals bite them.

I did not read the last 16 pages, but i can imagine many pet owners are horrified about the dog getting shot.

I have no idea what the circumstance was, but if your tree falls on your neighbors car, you are liable. So if your dog bites someone...do the math.

"Failure to maintain Dog" is an issue. NO matter how awesome your dog is, its life is not worth me or anyone else getting bit. If that ankle biter had bit a baby's eye out for going near its dog bowl most people would want it put down...

Having an emotional attachment to your pet is ok, and normal. But it does not change the fact that your pet is not on an equal level with a human.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I would shoot a dog before I let it bite me. Every time, no days off, no matter what kind of dog it was, even if it was a cop dog.

Why would I let a dog bite me if I could stop it? Dogs are fast, and they are good at biting, and they can carry some nasty diseases that does not harm them like it harms us.

I know most people like their dog more than they like me, but that does not change the fact that I like myself more than I like any dog, period.

Humans did not get to the top of the food chain by letting animals bite them.

I did not read the last 16 pages, but i can imagine many pet owners are horrified about the dog getting shot.

I have no idea what the circumstance was, but if your tree falls on your neighbors car, you are liable. So if your dog bites someone...do the math.

"Failure to maintain Dog" is an issue. NO matter how awesome your dog is, its life is not worth me or anyone else getting bit. If that ankle biter had bit a baby's eye out for going near its dog bowl most people would want it put down...

Having an emotional attachment to your pet is ok, and normal. But it does not change the fact that your pet is not on an equal level with a human.

You may want to read at least the 1st post, look at the video and then comment. This is more of a "failure to maintain a LEO".

J.Ellis

One for the road
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Madisonville,LA
    Cat cam go hug a dog?
    For some reason when someone including all LEO shoots a human everyon can find a silver lining (for the most part), shoot a dog and everyone looses their ****.

Stop hating LEO Because one ******* LEO shot a dog ( not just you cat cam all the haters of LEO dog shooters). I seen videos of every race, religion and creed of person being just awful human beings to each other and animals.
    Should I judge all (insert race, religion, creed here) because I saw a video?
    Has anyone had a bad day? Taken out your frustrations on someone or something and instantly thought.. man that was uncalled for... But you got to much pride to admit?

Yea I been there and I am not a LEO, I have a few friends and some family members that are active LEO. I can say without a shadow of a doubt I could NEVER put up with the people and animals they deal with everyday. I would be beating people with my baton into submission (at best) everyday..

Cat Cam. You love dogs so much what would you do if you showed up to a scene where you saw a kid actively touring a dog and you were the first LEO on the scene after having a bad day? Are you sure you would put all you personal stufff aside and treat the perpetrator per the rules... or maybe be extra ******* on him. I know my answer.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    giphy.gif

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Okay - nowhere did I bash all LEO's, I'm calling out this particular one, and nowhere did I resort to name calling as one of the rules of Bayoushooter.com states, "Any direct or indirect acts of disrespect towards owners, admins, moderators, or any other members will not be tolerated."

What SHOULD have happened was the LEO should have said, ""Ok sir... I'm calling animal control." and the officer returns to squad car.

BUT I'm sure a few on here would justify that this was good shoot as the Chihuahua was probably rabid and was bound to tear up the squad car costing tax payers millions if not hundreds of dollars......but I digress.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Cat cam go hug a dog?
    For some reason when someone including all LEO shoots a human everyon can find a silver lining (for the most part), shoot a dog and everyone looses their ****.

Stop hating LEO Because one ******* LEO shot a dog ( not just you cat cam all the haters of LEO dog shooters). I seen videos of every race, religion and creed of person being just awful human beings to each other and animals.
    Should I judge all (insert race, religion, creed here) because I saw a video?
    Has anyone had a bad day? Taken out your frustrations on someone or something and instantly thought.. man that was uncalled for... But you got to much pride to admit?

Yea I been there and I am not a LEO, I have a few friends and some family members that are active LEO. I can say without a shadow of a doubt I could NEVER put up with the people and animals they deal with everyday. I would be beating people with my baton into submission (at best) everyday..

Cat Cam. You love dogs so much what would you do if you showed up to a scene where you saw a kid actively touring a dog and you were the first LEO on the scene after having a bad day? Are you sure you would put all you personal stufff aside and treat the perpetrator per the rules... or maybe be extra ******* on him. I know my answer.

So because a consenting adult takes a stressful often plain awful job it’s ok to come home and kick the dog, beat the wife, and ignore the kids? Who has a low opinion of LEO? There is no doubt being a police officer must have days were you consider driving off an over pass, but I personally have a little more faith in the institution than that.

We all do things we aren’t proud of from time to time but there are lines that are not to be crossed. I’m sorry I don’t care what you saw on your last call you’re a professional, act like it. And the statistics say overwhelming majorities do just that. If I were an officer this would probably be one of the more insulting posts in this thread, because so many guys see unspeakable things and then keep fighting the good fight.

Last edited:

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Play nice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Austin -- I don't think there is anything else to add in this thread -- everybody has had a chance to say their piece, and while there are differences, at least for the most part the dialogue was respectful.

So, I think it is time to lock this one and we can push on to the next topic......maybe a Saints game prediction? Maybe a pick a date that the Gov't shutdown will end? Grass vs Artificial Turf? hahaha

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    You could have the thread titled,*Local LEO curb stomps puppy, claims self defense* and you would have a majority of people on here defending the actions of that officer. Never fails

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom