Cop shoots tiny chihuahua in owners yard on video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I keep reading the same thing, 'should have complied', as though it is the homeowner's fault the dog was shot.

Let's be perfectly clear. That cop was in NO WAY justified in shooting that dog.

Let's also be perfectly clear. That cop was in NO WAY representative of the cops I know and call friends.

As I said before, this individual should never be trusted with a firearm, ever again. He has demonstrated a propensity to use it in a manner inconsistent with the law.

I hope that individual never finds work again. Not as a peace officer, not as a waiter, not as a fry cook at McDonalds. I sure wouldn't hire him. This should follow him to an early grave.

He has done a disservice to his profession, his department, and his family.

Yes. I am judging him for this ONE mistake. I doubt it is an aberration. I suspect that it is evidence of a pattern of abuse, that hereto has gone unreported.

It is 100% not the homeowner's fault. The homeowner could have made different decisions that would lead to different outcomes, most of which would have left the dog unharmed.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    was this comment called for? Did I ever state in any of my threads that ALL LEO's are bad in any way shape or form?

If you are sitting back, here is your education -- This particular LEO did a bad thing by getting mad because he had to walk from the street to the taxpayer's front door to discuss a situation, on the way to the door he shot a defenseless chihuahua, it was a bad shot, uncalled for. Actions like this strains relations between citizens and LEOs. This act could make the avg. Joe citizen make bad decisions too. In this case the citizen didn't and the LEO was fired from his job and I hope he finds another means of employment.

I think you actually stated you were “pro-LE” which is usually a clue that you are about to spout anti LEO rhetoric. Oh, and keep saying “taxpayer”, it sounds more dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    In the first article, the sheriff department stated the deputies were dispatched for an *aggressive dog* call.

9# or 50# dog being aggressive can still f you up.

Same as most other leo shootings; should have complied to the officers orders, like it or not.

Maybe but not sure about a 3# dog. A 3# cat definitely. You see a 3# cat just start shooting. Those things will get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I think you actually stated you were *pro-LE* which is usually a clue that you are about to spout anti LEO rhetoric. Oh, and keep saying *taxpayer*, it sounds more dramatic.

I think your clue bag is empty. And yes, the taxpayers deserved better service from that particular LEO.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The proper response would have been complying with the police from the start and dealing with possible repercussions later. I am in no way saying the cop was in any way justified in shooting the dog, but had he 100% complied and worked with the officer from the get-go, the situation would have ended differently.
    I’m sure it may have, but not necessarily any better. Just can’t say.
    What I can say is that leaving decisions like that to the homeowner (or whomever is on the receiving end) instead of the man with the badge and the gun is the first fail.
    I can imagine both sides of the coin. If I’d just had a crazy woman point a gun toward my house and I hadn’t done anything wrong and then the cops showed up like I was the source of trouble, even if the cop arrived and acted like a decent human being and actually showed good manners or any concern for my welfare whatsoever or conveyed that he was keeping an open mind I imagine I would still be a little apprehensive about being called out into the street and surrender myself to these two badge and gun toting individuals. I’m fairly certain the dog shooter did not present like a decent human being simply attempting to investigate and get to the bottom of the situation. I think the bottom line is that the cop is employed in the line of clearing up a matter and therefore sets the mood. If a cop can’t walk into any non life threatening situation without going from control freak to kill billy in 0.35 seconds there’s a problem. I think there’s a much bigger problem when people are expected to comply with every order that comes from a LEO’s mouth regardless of any circumstance or face violence.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I don't think expecting people to reasonably comply is problematic at all. If someone is refusing to do something as simple as walking to the street to talk, that's an indicator that something may be awry.

Cops can never know that the guy who called them there for whatever the call was about is not about to pull out a gun and start shooting them. People do crazy **** like that. Asking someone to come away from a position of cover to talk is normal. The guy refusing to talk in the street is just stupid. It only adds tension to a situation that tension can only make worse.

Again, not justifying the cop shooting the dog in any way. All I am saying is that the guy could have easily not added any tension to what could have been something very trivial.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I don't think expecting people to reasonably comply is problematic at all. If someone is refusing to do something as simple as walking to the street to talk, that's an indicator that something may be awry.

Cops can never know that the guy who called them there for whatever the call was about is not about to pull out a gun and start shooting them. People do crazy **** like that. Asking someone to come away from a position of cover to talk is normal. The guy refusing to talk in the street is just stupid. It only adds tension to a situation that tension can only make worse.

Again, not justifying the cop shooting the dog in any way. All I am saying is that the guy could have easily not added any tension to what could have been something very trivial.
    So that’s it then. Cops go about their daily work in fear for their lives, all day ever day, every encounter with the public.
    Dang...

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

I give you credit for trying to rationalize the way some people on here think. Every situation that gets brought up about a LEO doing wrong turns into a dumpster fire. Even after every LEO on here agreed the deputy was a douche bag thats still not good enough. You are correct, a guy who calls police for help and then will not meet the officer at the road or the sidewalk etc and is not injured is strange. The best option would probably be to tell him if he will not step to the roadway to give the officer his complaint then the officer should just leave. Unfortunately that’s usually not an option and will also lead to a complaint with lots of use of the word “taxpayer”.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I give you credit for trying to rationalize the way some people on here think. Every situation that gets brought up about a LEO doing wrong turns into a dumpster fire. Even after every LEO on here agreed the deputy was a douche bag thats still not good enough. You are correct, a guy who calls police for help and then will not meet the officer at the road or the sidewalk etc and is not injured is strange. The best option would probably be to tell him if he will not step to the roadway to give the officer his complaint then the officer should just leave. Unfortunately that’s usually not an option and will also lead to a complaint with lots of use of the word *taxpayer*.

Ahh man, Today is national LEO Appreciation day, Can I give you a hug?

frhunter13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2018
    New Orleans
    Those little Chews can be the meanest little dogs around. They make up for their diminutive size with ferocity. Still, a boot to the head is usually sufficient if they try to bite. Wonder why a handgun was required?

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013

Lets think about the scenario here. This person (I didn't call him a taxpayer as I didn't want to be dramatic!) called the police after a neighbor pointed a gun at him. The police arrives at the man's house, I'm sure the LEO is wearing a bullet proof vest as most LEO's do. The man does not have a bullet proof vest in his wardrobe so maybe that is why he is not so willing to go out on the street to be an easy target. - Remember, this is why he called the police in the 1st place. I've always been told the police carries a gun to protect himself, not you. He also wears a vest to protect himself, not you. So maybe this is why he refused to go out to the street because he was unarmed and unprotected, but this is speculation. The video does not play from the beginning so we did not hear a reason why he did not want to go out on the street. Maybe he felt safer in the doorway of his home?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Lets think about the scenario here. This person (I didn't call him a taxpayer as I didn't want to be dramatic!) called the police after a neighbor pointed a gun at him. The police arrives at the man's house, I'm sure the LEO is wearing a bullet proof vest as most LEO's do. The man does not have a bullet proof vest in his wardrobe so maybe that is why he is not so willing to go out on the street to be an easy target. - Remember, this is why he called the police in the 1st place. I've always been told the police carries a gun to protect himself, not you. He also wears a vest to protect himself, not you. So maybe this is why he refused to go out to the street because he was unarmed and unprotected, but this is speculation. The video does not play from the beginning so we did not hear a reason why he did not want to go out on the street. Maybe he felt safer in the doorway of his home?

Gator 45/70 posted a link to a longer version.

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=97wpw_1546717699

It sounds like the cop had just shown up when the cop got there. There were responding to a call of an aggressive dog in the area. I speculated earlier as to why the cops were called. They were not called about the woman pointing a gun.

Here's what was said in the first part of the video. I couldn't understand some of it but I tried to be as accurate as I could be.
    cop - <inaudible> your dog.
    taxpayer - Not my dog.
    cop - Come out here (please or will you?)
    taxpayer - No, I don't have to step out there
    cop - I'm going to come to you. Your dog gets aggressive, I'm going to shoot.
    taxpayer - yeah, like she was about to do? Pointing a gun at my house.
    cop - Ok...that's why I asked you to step to the road. See how he's acting right now?
    taxpayer - You can ask that neighbor right there, these dogs...
    cop - Do you want to step to the road?
    taxpayer - No, I don't want to step to the road.
    cop - Ok.
    Shot fired at 0:28 in the video.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

So he called the police about a neighbor pointing a gun at him? When the police asked him to step to the street he said he didn’t have to, he didn’t say I don’t feel safe etc.. Your speculation of the events is quite convenient. But hey, you started with saying you were “pro-LEO” and I’m sure you are friends with some and have LEO in your family.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Guns don't kill dogs, cops do!

I’m kind of a dog guy so fortunately I have never had to. I did have a huge Rottweiler corner me one time on an alarm but luckily we worked our differences out before I had to put him down.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• biggrouphug.gif
      biggrouphug.gif
      18.2 KB · Views: 94

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Brown dogs matter. I any other person were to shoot a dog like that, they would be arrested.

Lots of videos of cops shooting dogs. None were fired that I know of.

This one is the first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom