Cop shoots tiny chihuahua in owners yard on video

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    LOL. Who didn’t see this thing spiraling out of control. Good ole bayoushooter can’t just stop at an officer being a bad one for shooting a puppy, Bayoushooter will try and use it as a way to justify a civil war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Perez, try and make them understand how many murderers etc have been arrested while doing traffic enforcement. Good luck.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    LOL. Who didn’t see this thing spiraling out of control. Good ole bayoushooter can’t just stop at an officer being a bad one for shooting a puppy, Bayoushooter will try and use it as a way to justify a civil war.

I actually thought it was going to be the other thread that spiraled out of control into LEO hate. Can I put $5 on this one bringing the ban hammer?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I actually thought it was going to be the other thread that spiraled out of control into LEO hate. Can I put $5 on this one bringing the ban hammer?

I’ll never bet against a BS thread spiraling out of control. I think they call that a fools bet lol

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Whoa dude. I don’t think we get to generalize all LEO as a whole yet. One bad egg maybe? Sure many other cases that get the publicity, but think of the daily interactions that go great.

Interesting question you pose about the use of deadly force to dispatch the shooter. I’ll be the first to say you have to have a specific set of cirmcumstances met before I would say you are within your rights to dispatch the shooter. What specifically makes you think the homeowner here would potentially be within his right legally to use deadly force? Serious question and I’m not trying to be argumentative. I agree 100% that these are the scenarios that should be thought thru ahead of time to aid in correct decision making.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear enough, sorry. No question that the circumstances would have to be just right for a person to be within their rights. But that doesn't mean that people think things through very carefully. I'm not so much talking about the homowner's right to defend as I am talking about the homeowner being armed and making a very bad decision. Just watching that video, if anyone (LEO or not) handles and discharges a firearm in that manner he stands the very real chance of escalation. Admittedly i didn't see the before/after of the video, but it appears very much that the LEO escalated the situation quickly and far too much. Seems to me that de-escalation is far more prudent up front than trying to determine if the shoot was a clean shoot after.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    A good reason according to whose perspective? If you are not the person who just shot 16 children at an orphanage but you match the description of said shooter, would the police have a damn good reason, from their perspective, to approach you hot?

The LEO's. Objectively to the extent possible. I hope that in your scenario the LEO would draw and ready. The LEO in the video appeared to draw and drift. And shoot a small dog. His use of the firearm did not appear to be to defend or protect, it appeared to be to intimidate and to be wholly unnecessary given the tenor/tone of the homeowner. Again, I wasn't there for the before/after, just commeting on what I saw.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    If someone is serving time for unpaid traffic tickets is his cell an extension of his home?

Reminds me of the Video of OPP they used to have! Guys with Guns. Cigars, Drinking. Weed etc. What a mess that place used to be.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Trying to say that because one cop messed up, all cops are evil, is the same as saying that because one doctor messed up, that all doctors are evil. Or any profession. It's just not right. By and large, most cops (and basically all that I know) are good people. By and large, most doctors are good people. A small percentage of bad apples in the mix will happen with any profession.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Trying to say that because one cop messed up, all cops are evil, is the same as saying that because one doctor messed up, that all doctors are evil. Or any profession. It's just not right. By and large, most cops (and basically all that I know) are good people. By and large, most doctors are good people. A small percentage of bad apples in the mix will happen with any profession.

So, Your a Dr. that operates on dogs or an LEO?

I'm leaning towards you being a dog man?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So, Your a Dr. that operates on dogs or an LEO?

I'm leaning towards you being a dog man?

I'm a "don't do stupid things" man. Shooting a small dog in a show of force is stupid. It is also not representative of an entire profession. Especially a profession that goes through more training than most professions out there.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I'm a "don't do stupid things" man. Shooting a small dog in a show of force is stupid. It is also not representative of an entire profession. Especially a profession that goes through more training than most professions out there.

So, Your not a dog person?
    Never said anything about the profession of law enforcement,No doubt the guy has been canned for his actions.
    You have a dog?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom