Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23413 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 176
  1. #21
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flamatrix99 View Post
    According to a Go Fund Me page, the dog is alive and currently receiving medical attention. As of Saturday morning, the page had raised roughly $1,000 to cover the dog's bills.
    Yeah man, A frigging shattered jaw,Unreal what that dude has done.!!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  2. #22
    All or nothing

    User Info Menu



    Iím really trying to see it another way. Any other way..
    Nope


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

    and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

  3. #23
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Yall do know that the little dog is still alive?
    Well then after finding this out I guess the cops actions were fine.....Not!
    All things are common in slAKerville. USPSA# 66506

  4. #24
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by #1bambam View Post
    Well then after finding this out I guess the cops actions were fine.....Not!
    You know,I couldn't believe that the Little dog was still alive and Hell no his actions were not fine and never will be fine,But I can see now why some dogs bark at policemen!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

  5. #25
    All or nothing

    User Info Menu

    Looks like the cop drew his sidearm from the get go.
    Now I just wanna know, if a cop arrives to a person’s home, an otherwise peaceful situation except for whatever violence or bullshit he brings with him, begins to escalate things of his own accord and without any provocation, in fact while the homeowner is in retreat, pulls his weapon and without hesitation or warning shoots a dog or a child (or both as I’ve seen in another vid) does anyone here believe the homeowner would not be within his right to dispatch the shooter? I understand that if there are other deputies on scene that this would become a firefight, but seriously, who thinks the homeowner would be in the wrong?
    Sure, something for a judge and jury to decide... but this is a scenario that needs deciding before it happens. Not later at a hearing after people are dead. If law enforcement on the whole does not refine their policies, restrain their officers, start following the law and stop disregarding human rights and human life it’s a sure bet that we will see many more LEO funeral processions.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

    and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

  6. #26
    On Target

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Looks like the cop drew his sidearm from the get go.
    Now I just wanna know, if a cop arrives to a person’s home, an otherwise peaceful situation except for whatever violence or bullshit he brings with him, begins to escalate things of his own accord and without any provocation, in fact while the homeowner is in retreat, pulls his weapon and without hesitation or warning shoots a dog or a child (or both as I’ve seen in another vid) does anyone here believe the homeowner would not be within his right to dispatch the shooter? I understand that if there are other deputies on scene that this would become a firefight, but seriously, who thinks the homeowner would be in the wrong?
    Sure, something for a judge and jury to decide... but this is a scenario that needs deciding before it happens. Not later at a hearing after people are dead. If law enforcement on the whole does not refine their policies, restrain their officers, start following the law and stop disregarding human rights and human life it’s a sure bet that we will see many more LEO funeral processions.
    I agree with your point. A lot of folks carry 24/7. And LEO or not, if you show up hot without a damn good reason you may scare one of those folks into reacting in a way that everyone involved will quickly regret.

  7. #27
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Whoa dude. I donít think we get to generalize all LEO as a whole yet. One bad egg maybe? Sure many other cases that get the publicity, but think of the daily interactions that go great.

    Interesting question you pose about the use of deadly force to dispatch the shooter. Iíll be the first to say you have to have a specific set of cirmcumstances met before I would say you are within your rights to dispatch the shooter. What specifically makes you think the homeowner here would potentially be within his right legally to use deadly force? Serious question and Iím not trying to be argumentative. I agree 100% that these are the scenarios that should be thought thru ahead of time to aid in correct decision making.

  8. #28
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by cbbr View Post
    I agree with your point. A lot of folks carry 24/7. And LEO or not, if you show up hot without a damn good reason you may scare one of those folks into reacting in a way that everyone involved will quickly regret.
    A good reason according to whose perspective? If you are not the person who just shot 16 children at an orphanage but you match the description of said shooter, would the police have a damn good reason, from their perspective, to approach you hot?

  9. #29
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    I would thing going onto someone property and shooting their dog would be against the law. It would be different if the dog came onto your property and you shot it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Marksman

    Gold Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I would thing going onto someone property and shooting their dog would be against the law. It would be different if the dog came onto your property and you shot it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Both are illegal,Now if your being attacked and in fear of your well being and life well???

    I have deer hounds that run across my land hunting,Legally I cannot start shooting dogs willy-nilly,But let one growl at me or the wife or attack one of my dogs.
    Three S's kick in.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

    Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •