Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Marksman

User Info Menu

beyond the band-aid

Anyone have suggestions for a company that offers a beyond the band-aid type of course? I'm hoping to find something on the northshore, from Hammond to Slidell. I would possibly consider Metaire/Kenner area also.
    Anyone have first hand experience with a class like this that they would like to share? Thanks.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nolaradio View Post
    Anyone have suggestions for a company that offers a beyond the band-aid type of course? I'm hoping to find something on the northshore, from Hammond to Slidell. I would possibly consider Metaire/Kenner area also.
    Anyone have first hand experience with a class like this that they would like to share? Thanks.
    Advantage Group does a "Stop the Bleed" type class that I have heard nothing but great things about.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I also suggest looking into what Advantage Group offers.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thank you. I'll look into Advantage to see what they offer.

tactical hangover

User Info Menu

advantage group is a fantastic confidence builder for anyone .. the skills are either learned or reinforced in the class and I had years of
    prior experience but protocols are different from the office, to the bus, to the trenches.. car wrecks to gunshots .. So you can imagine
    the learning .. its fast paced and full of nuggets of knowledge that I learned..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Advantage has a course named "IN EXTREMIS MEDICAL". Doesn't look like they have a date scheduled for it yet this year.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What do you want to learn?

DHS provides for free trauma care classes as part of their "Stop the Bleed" campaign.

It's free, takes only an hour or two after work and they teach you how and when to apply a tourniquet or pack wounds with gauze and apply pressure. A lot of it can be learned online but actually practicing it and having an instructor show you how adds value.

https://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLiberty View Post
    What do you want to learn?

DHS provides for free trauma care classes as part of their "Stop the Bleed" campaign.

It's free, takes only an hour or two after work and they teach you how and when to apply a tourniquet or pack wounds with gauze and apply pressure. A lot of it can be learned online but actually practicing it and having an instructor show you how adds value.

https://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed
    What you described is exactly what I am looking to learn. I agree that hands on training is better than learning through the internet which is why I am looking for the training. Thanks for the link!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Have taken several classes with Advantage, but not there med class; all have been very informative. Highly recommended.
    Why .45? Because they don't make a .46!