beyond the band-aid

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Anyone have suggestions for a company that offers a beyond the band-aid type of course? I'm hoping to find something on the northshore, from Hammond to Slidell. I would possibly consider Metaire/Kenner area also.
    Anyone have first hand experience with a class like this that they would like to share? Thanks.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Anyone have suggestions for a company that offers a beyond the band-aid type of course? I'm hoping to find something on the northshore, from Hammond to Slidell. I would possibly consider Metaire/Kenner area also.
    Anyone have first hand experience with a class like this that they would like to share? Thanks.

Advantage Group does a "Stop the Bleed" type class that I have heard nothing but great things about.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    advantage group is a fantastic confidence builder for anyone .. the skills are either learned or reinforced in the class and I had years of
    prior experience but protocols are different from the office, to the bus, to the trenches.. car wrecks to gunshots .. So you can imagine
    the learning .. its fast paced and full of nuggets of knowledge that I learned..

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    What do you want to learn?

DHS provides for free trauma care classes as part of their "Stop the Bleed" campaign.

It's free, takes only an hour or two after work and they teach you how and when to apply a tourniquet or pack wounds with gauze and apply pressure. A lot of it can be learned online but actually practicing it and having an instructor show you how adds value.

https://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    What do you want to learn?

DHS provides for free trauma care classes as part of their "Stop the Bleed" campaign.

It's free, takes only an hour or two after work and they teach you how and when to apply a tourniquet or pack wounds with gauze and apply pressure. A lot of it can be learned online but actually practicing it and having an instructor show you how adds value.

https://www.dhs.gov/stopthebleed

What you described is exactly what I am looking to learn. I agree that hands on training is better than learning through the internet which is why I am looking for the training. Thanks for the link!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom