Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner speaks out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    No, of course they didn't deserve to die for simple burglary, but would they have beaten the guy to death with brass knuckles if he hadn't been able to defend himself?

Or, how about, "our 3 families will have to live with this on our heads because we didn't teach our kids not to steal."

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Is the Blaze satirical like The Onion?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Is the Blaze satirical like The Onion?

Negative Ghostrider. They are affiliated with Glen Beck tho...so take it how you will.

I’m still laughing so hard I can’t read past the title. If I have the misfortune of people breaking into my home I plan to use every advantage at my disposal. I bet grandpa would do the very same if 3 peeps broke into his home if he was able.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Negative Ghostrider. They are affiliated with Glen Beck tho...so take it how you will.

I’m still laughing so hard I can’t read past the title. If I have the misfortune of people breaking into my home I plan to use every advantage at my disposal. I bet grandpa would do the very same if 3 peeps broke into his home if he was able.

Weren’t you also the same guy who choked up laughing at the LEO who got shot in his sidearm? Let’s take the grandfathers comments for what they are, a grieving family member. The shooting might have been justified but it’s still his family member. It really doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What are the rules of engagement when someone ''in this case three'' are breaking into your home?

Is it bang bang bang + 27 more times and then reload?

Neutralize the threat and no more. You can't execute someone on the ground, if that is what you are suggesting.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Click-bait publication article almost 2 years old, but made me look. Our words of wisdom are pretty moot at this point.

I see (now) in the link that it was April of 2017, indeed. However... it did appear on the blaze’s home page yesterday. Regardless, i don’t believe it’s “clickbait” in this setting (maybe on the blaze’s website! Haha)... the comments and opinions here still apply as if it happened today.

Would your response to how you would have reacted have been different in April of 2017 as opposed to today?

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I am surprised the homeowner was not charged. The obvious thing to do when people break into your house is ask for ID. You need to know if they need to fill out Form 1873558-J (intent upon entering occupied dwelling Juvenile) or Form 1873558-A (intent on entering occupied dwelling Adult). Once the proper form was filled out, the homeowner could simply emailed it to the local law enforcement office, and waited for a background check for previous violent crimes, or simple misdemeanors.

It just is not fair to treat all law breakers like criminals. Just because a young almost innocent 16 year old might LOOK like an adult is no reason to get all violent.

Or something like that. :cool:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I guess the government needs to make a public statement and warn these future victims that it’s still illegal to break into someone’s home and there’s a very strong possibility of contracting lead poisoning in the process. Like eating paint, only without having to taste it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

riverrat66

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2016
    The hills of St Helena parish
    I caught a guy in my grandfathers house at 3am. We exchanged 10 rounds and nobody was hit. When leo got there I had more explaining to do than the perp. I seriously thought I was going to jail until a senior detective arrived and showed some sympathy for me. Dumbass was caught and cut a deal. No gun charges and plead guilty to a much lesser charge. He did 3 years as a trustee. I really wish my aim was better. Truth is I wasn't aiming at all. Just firing at his muzzle flash. That was 99 and I still have nightmares. My grandfather wouldn't live alone after that. Nobody thinks about the victims. They just want to make sure the perps are treated fairly.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I caught a guy in my grandfathers house at 3am. We exchanged 10 rounds and nobody was hit. When leo got there I had more explaining to do than the perp. I seriously thought I was going to jail until a senior detective arrived and showed some sympathy for me. Dumbass was caught and cut a deal. No gun charges and plead guilty to a much lesser charge. He did 3 years as a trustee. I really wish my aim was better. Truth is I wasn't aiming at all. Just firing at his muzzle flash. That was 99 and I still have nightmares. My grandfather wouldn't live alone after that. Nobody thinks about the victims. They just want to make sure the perps are treated fairly.
    Glad u lived thru that.
    I say screw the perps. Anyone breaking into a family’s home is putting everyone in the home at risk, including themselves. There has got to be the expectation that they are at risk for being shot, stabbed or beaten to death for the threat that they pose.
    I understand not to say online how you’d blast the intruder, but if any of you guys are actually naive enough to think there’s other ways to handle a break in, I’ll say a little prayer for you. Although I’ve heard God looks out for fools
    Another thing to consider: Let’s say more break in or home invasion victims start taking a passive approach and more DA’s start prosecuting those who choose to defend themselves and their family. What if more and more people begin to accept this and forget that it’s legal to defend yourself in your home in most states? Wonder WTF those crime numbers would look like in a year or so...

If you can’t resolve to do whatever it takes to protect your household before the need arises, it’s not likely you’ll come through for your family if it happens.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom