Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Neutralize the threat and no more. You can't execute someone on the ground, if that is what you are suggesting.
    What? Youv'e seen it in the movies! Start unloading in say a Zombie taking body shots and they only stagger backwards until BOOM headshot!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Click-bait publication article almost 2 years old, but made me look. Our words of wisdom are pretty moot at this point.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

User Info Menu

All things are common in slAKerville. USPSA# 66506

Marksman

User Info Menu

Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner speaks out

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss View Post
    Click-bait publication article almost 2 years old, but made me look. Our words of wisdom are pretty moot at this point.
    I see (now) in the link that it was April of 2017, indeed. However... it did appear on the blaze’s home page yesterday. Regardless, i don’t believe it’s “clickbait” in this setting (maybe on the blaze’s website! Haha)... the comments and opinions here still apply as if it happened today.

Would your response to how you would have reacted have been different in April of 2017 as opposed to today?
    Last edited by kingfhb; January 8th, 2019 at 07:05 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am surprised the homeowner was not charged. The obvious thing to do when people break into your house is ask for ID. You need to know if they need to fill out Form 1873558-J (intent upon entering occupied dwelling Juvenile) or Form 1873558-A (intent on entering occupied dwelling Adult). Once the proper form was filled out, the homeowner could simply emailed it to the local law enforcement office, and waited for a background check for previous violent crimes, or simple misdemeanors.

It just is not fair to treat all law breakers like criminals. Just because a young almost innocent 16 year old might LOOK like an adult is no reason to get all violent.

Or something like that.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    The limb of stupidity runs strait on this family's tree.
    That family tree probably looks more like a light pole. I wonder what the boys dads had to say? Hmm...
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    That family tree probably looks more like a light pole. I wonder what the boys dads had to say? Hmm...
    Lol

It's possibly that more than one on this tree has an interesting rap sheet...Just say'n
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

I guess the government needs to make a public statement and warn these future victims that it’s still illegal to break into someone’s home and there’s a very strong possibility of contracting lead poisoning in the process. Like eating paint, only without having to taste it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

User Info Menu

I caught a guy in my grandfathers house at 3am. We exchanged 10 rounds and nobody was hit. When leo got there I had more explaining to do than the perp. I seriously thought I was going to jail until a senior detective arrived and showed some sympathy for me. Dumbass was caught and cut a deal. No gun charges and plead guilty to a much lesser charge. He did 3 years as a trustee. I really wish my aim was better. Truth is I wasn't aiming at all. Just firing at his muzzle flash. That was 99 and I still have nightmares. My grandfather wouldn't live alone after that. Nobody thinks about the victims. They just want to make sure the perps are treated fairly.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat66 View Post
    I caught a guy in my grandfathers house at 3am. We exchanged 10 rounds and nobody was hit. When leo got there I had more explaining to do than the perp. I seriously thought I was going to jail until a senior detective arrived and showed some sympathy for me. Dumbass was caught and cut a deal. No gun charges and plead guilty to a much lesser charge. He did 3 years as a trustee. I really wish my aim was better. Truth is I wasn't aiming at all. Just firing at his muzzle flash. That was 99 and I still have nightmares. My grandfather wouldn't live alone after that. Nobody thinks about the victims. They just want to make sure the perps are treated fairly.
    Glad u lived thru that.
    I say screw the perps. Anyone breaking into a family’s home is putting everyone in the home at risk, including themselves. There has got to be the expectation that they are at risk for being shot, stabbed or beaten to death for the threat that they pose.
    I understand not to say online how you’d blast the intruder, but if any of you guys are actually naive enough to think there’s other ways to handle a break in, I’ll say a little prayer for you. Although I’ve heard God looks out for fools
    Another thing to consider: Let’s say more break in or home invasion victims start taking a passive approach and more DA’s start prosecuting those who choose to defend themselves and their family. What if more and more people begin to accept this and forget that it’s legal to defend yourself in your home in most states? Wonder WTF those crime numbers would look like in a year or so...

If you can’t resolve to do whatever it takes to protect your household before the need arises, it’s not likely you’ll come through for your family if it happens.
    Last edited by Magdump; January 23rd, 2019 at 09:46 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch