Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

New Range in Plaquemine

I noticed a new public range is being built in Plaquemine. Does anyone have more information on it?

Also... from a safety standpoint, are public ranges considered to be as safe as private? I would think so, but maybe some of you have more experience/knowledge than me.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Where did you notice it?

User Info Menu

In the December edition of the Iberville newsletter. Page 2. It is titled 'Rifle range building coming'

Marksman

User Info Menu

I can't find anything online, can you post a copy of it or a link?

User Info Menu

I just searched online and couldnt find anything either. I took a pic with my phone... i will post it as soon as i figure out how to here.

User Info Menu

Ok... it should be attached as a thunbnail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190109_150514.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	83065  

User Info Menu

It just hit me that I've been seeing the construction on this range for the last year and didn't realize what I was seeing. On the west side of LA1, south of the new water treatment facility they have been constructing some "levees" in the middle of what used to be a cane field. I always pass by this area and every time I see the levees I've wondered what they were for, but it makes sense now.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by civiltiger07 View Post
    It just hit me that I've been seeing the construction on this range for the last year and didn't realize what I was seeing. On the west side of LA1, south of the new water treatment facility they have been constructing some "levees" in the middle of what used to be a cane field. I always pass by this area and every time I see the levees I've wondered what they were for, but it makes sense now.
    For those of us that don't know, where id the new water treatment facility? And better yet, where exactly is this new range?

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Headed south on La 1, south of Plaquemine city limits across La1 from the big school (that is on your left), access road is across from the school; have to cross the rr tacks to your right; I'll go check it out in a couple of days

Marksman

User Info Menu

From what ya'll are seeing what do you expect the length of shooting distance to be?

Update: Never mind.. Went back and looked at post #6 photo. 100 yards
    Last edited by AZ2VET; January 10th, 2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: update post