Unique deer processing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wheels4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Addis
    Over Thanksgiving, while visiting family in MS, i knocked a couple of deer down. We decided to take them to the local processor because they had an option i hadnt heard of. That option was a burrito. We have since gotten them back and they are fantastic. It is a nice change from sausage, cube steak, hamburger, etc.

I have attached a quick pic of the burritos fixed up with queso cheese and chilli. Damn good stuff.

So, my question is... have you guys found any processors that offer interesting options like that? And if so, what is the option?

Attachments

• 20190110_064556.jpg
      20190110_064556.jpg
      201.9 KB · Views: 195

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Over Thanksgiving, while visiting family in MS, i knocked a couple of deer down. We decided to take them to the local processor because they had an option i hadnt heard of. That option was a burrito. We have since gotten them back and they are fantastic. It is a nice change from sausage, cube steak, hamburger, etc.

I have attached a quick pic of the burritos fixed up with queso cheese and chilli. Damn good stuff.

So, my question is... have you guys found any processors that offer interesting options like that? And if so, what is the option?

Yep,That looks pretty nasty....Better send the meat to me for disposal...You can thank me later!!!

Tamales man!! I had some guy in Houma make deer tamales a couple of times, Very nice! Same guy who makes Mickey Brown's !

Wheels4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Addis
    Yep,That looks pretty nasty....Better send the meat to me for disposal...You can thank me later!!!

Tamales man!! I had some guy in Houma make deer tamales a couple of times, Very nice! Same guy who makes Mickey Brown's !

Lol i will send it right over. Dang, i didnt think about tamales... i bet those are pretty good too!

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux

Mickey Brown's is awesome! Especially the tamales and burritos!

Sig220

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2014
    Bridge City,TX
    I opted for boudin, snack sticks, summer sausage, pan sausage and smoked sausage this year....along with the tenderized steaks.

Probably get one more hunting opportunity this season and don't know what I will do with that....but at least I have several options that have been test tasted!

Got plenty of chili meat from last year, too....started out with 55 pounds!

Wheels4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Addis
    I opted for boudin, snack sticks, summer sausage, pan sausage and smoked sausage this year....along with the tenderized steaks.

Probably get one more hunting opportunity this season and don't know what I will do with that....but at least I have several options that have been test tasted!

Got plenty of chili meat from last year, too....started out with 55 pounds!

55lbs is a good amount of meat. Dang. :) i also have one more opportunity to hunt this year. If i am lucky enough to knock one down, i am not sure what i will choose when processing. Already went with cube steak, ground meat, sausage, breakfast sausage and of course.. burritos.

What's 'Mickey Brown'? Is that a processing place?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom