Assault Weapons Ban of 2019 -

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Here we go again...

https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pu...eases?ID=EFC76859-879D-4038-97DD-C577212ED17B

Assault Weapons Ban of 2019, an updated bill to ban the sale, transfer, manufacture and importation of military-style assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

Key provisions:

Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.

Exemptions to bill:

The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
    The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.

Other provisions:

Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
    Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
    Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
    Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.

Updates to Assault Weapons Ban of 2017:

Bans stocks that are *otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability of a firearm.*
    Bans assault pistols that weigh 50 or more ounces when unloaded, a policy included in the original 1994 ban.
    Bans assault pistol stabilizing braces that transform assault pistols into assault rifles by allowing the shooter to shoulder the weapon and fire more accurately.
    Bans Thordsen-type grips and stocks that are designed to evade a ban on assault weapons.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This gets introduced every year. The only difference this year is that it may get passed by the House, but it will die in the Senate. At this point it's just a Democratic Party fundraising tool, so they can go to their loyal and say "see, we're trying hard to pass sensible gun control and the Republicans and the evil NRA keep blocking it. But if you give us more money ..."

Mike

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I wish Feinstein would get voted out of office but the dumbasses in California have huge voter inertia and just punch the card to keep the same idiots in office. This is just an amended version of the SOS that they have in Kommiefornia but with added goodness to remove the workarounds they have. I can't wait for them to secede and try to make it on their own so that we don't have to have this nonsense in our government anymore.

Tiollib

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2013
    Thibodaux
    I wish Feinstein would get voted out of office but the dumbasses in California have huge voter inertia and just punch the card to keep the same idiots in office. This is just an amended version of the SOS that they have in Kommiefornia but with added goodness to remove the workarounds they have. I can't wait for them to secede and try to make it on their own so that we don't have to have this nonsense in our government anymore.

Feinstein may die of old age before she gets voted out by California sadly. She turns 86 in June and was elected for another 6 years...

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    When she is gone, they will replace her with someone just like her, if not worse. Look at New York.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How many of y'all think Trump would sign this if he got his wall in return?

Trump would flip on gun owners in a New York second. I'm convinced he'd sell his own children into slavery if he thought it politically expedient.

I don't trust him any more than I trust Clinton, Feinstein, Bloomenthal, or any of the other leeches in Washington.

Mike

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I think the senate is to the point they might pass it too. Trump would sign it New York second. He might even EO a ban all by himself. The only good thing is every *assault weapon* that falls under the ban is already at the bottom of some lake, river, pond, landfill, or ocean. There will be sooo many boating accidents where weapons are lost at sea the oceans will rise and flood the coastal city’s around the world. Worse than global warming.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Let Civil war part deaux begin!

7031eaa1df3d6ea875ae75914081e2dd.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

peacemakr72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Trump is not a stupid man. I would think he knows that the conservative masses of 100m firearms owners may be
    the only thing standing between him and a jail cell. I think that most of the military would stand up for him too. He may not be all we wish he were but he is so much better than what we could have.

Anyone following the news of Hollywood, Elites, MSM, and the other commie sects ratcheting up the hate and
    venom to anything middle of the road? Its getting hostile out there.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Liberals 1968: Down with big brother. Down with establishment.
    Liberals 2019: If you don't trust the government without question you're a racist, bigot, homophobe and a Nazi. We need less freedom.

:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom