What Unique/Crazy Gun Have You Owned?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    I didn't own this one myself but I had an uncle who had a small old revolver with w forward folding trigger. No trigger guard but the trigger simply folded forward up.

very much like this one........ I don't know what ever happened to it after he passed away.

45809558995_08d7ee4ba3_m.jpg

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I would KILL to have this back again! Great gun if you ignore the crappy safety...
    Norinko Tokarev 213 in 9mm and comes with a 7.62x25 barrel AND a .38 Super barrel!
    NorinkoTokarev213.jpg

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    I like that, A friend has one,What powder and charge are you using?

I'm still learning & working it up. I'm using FF black powder, I have the Lyman black powder measure and was using two drops with it adjusted to the max, I seemed to be getting better accuracy than heavier charges. I'm also working on a friction igniter that uses pull string firecrackers.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well it’s not super weird or unique but I had a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. It was unusual enough that I had a lot of inquiries about it. People would always ask “What do you mean, a pistol that uses carbine ammunition?” Few people had seen one and they were skeptical until they saw it. This was pre-internet, early ‘70’s.

I bought it because I love my M1 Carbine.

In the Blackhawk, most shells had to be forcefully ejected after firing. I had several occasions to shoot it at night. Even with a lengthy barrel it blasted a huge flame out of the muzzle. It was LOUD.

It wasn’t particularly good for anything but target shooting and plinking. Carbine ammo isn’t terribly expensive but.22LR is more economical for plinking. It’s a lengthy pistol in single action so it’s not a particularly great for EDC. There are a few things that you can hunt with it but it’s not a spectacular hunting cartridge. I did shoot quite a few armadillos with it.

Perhaps the reason I liked it so much was that it was loud and had a huge flame. After the first shot, most bystanders would flinch when I fired. The recoil however was comparatively mild.

Regrettably I sold it. In spite of all the issues, I wish that I still had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXAZ

BMG Neophyte
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Greenwood LA / Plano TX
    Not many semi- 50's out there, so for me it's my, Barrett M107A1 Semi .50 BMG: The most fun you can have with your clothes on:

rEnAOCR.gif

(They're burying me with this one) :)

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Well it’s not super weird or unique but I had a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine. It was unusual enough that I had a lot of inquiries about it. People would always ask *What do you mean, a pistol that uses carbine ammunition?* Few people had seen one and they were skeptical until they saw it. This was pre-internet, early ‘70’s.

I bought it because I love my M1 Carbine.

In the Blackhawk, most shells had to be forcefully ejected after firing. I had several occasions to shoot it at night. Even with a lengthy barrel it blasted a huge flame out of the muzzle. It was LOUD.

It wasn’t particularly good for anything but target shooting and plinking. Carbine ammo isn’t terribly expensive but.22LR is more economical for plinking. It’s a lengthy pistol in single action so it’s not a particularly great for EDC. There are a few things that you can hunt with it but it’s not a spectacular hunting cartridge. I did shoot quite a few armadillos with it.

Perhaps the reason I liked it so much was that it was loud and had a huge flame. After the first shot, most bystanders would flinch when I fired. The recoil however was comparatively mild.

Regrettably I sold it. In spite of all the issues, I wish that I still had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had one also. Loved it but you had to have ear protection on when you shot it because of the shock wave I guess. Every time you shot it it was like someone poking you in the ear drum with an ice pick.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I had one also. Loved it but you had to have ear protection on when you shot it because of the shock wave I guess. Every time you shot it it was like someone poking you in the ear drum with an ice pick.

I had one of them back in the 70s, the most muzzle blast of any pistol, also had a Universal 'Enforcer' carbine pistol and it wasn't as bad as the Blackhawk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom