New Member from Lafayette,La

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    Hey everyone I just found this forum and wanted to join like minded people. I used to hunt and shoot a good bit then I had my two sons. I had to put it all on hold. Now that they are getting a bit older. I am trying to get my oldest (8 years old) in to shooting (bb’s) atm but thinking about taking him hunting next season. After getting him plinking it really reminded me how much I enjoyed shooting and reloading. Just wanted to say hi. And don’t let the name fool you it really means non believer of Islam.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Welcome!

If you decide you want to try out some practical shooting, we've got a USPSA club that meets every other Wednesday/Thursday at Sentry Defense in Youngsville. This week's match is on Wednesday (next weeks' will be Thursday), new shooters' meeting at 6pm.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    Welcome!

If you decide you want to try out some practical shooting, we've got a USPSA club that meets every other Wednesday/Thursday at Sentry Defense in Youngsville. This week's match is on Wednesday (next weeks' will be Thursday), new shooters' meeting at 6pm.

Interesting I might come check it out. Is it a pistol range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    Interesting I might come check it out. Is it a pistol range?

Yes, Sentry Defense indoor range at 4415 Chemin Metarie in Youngsville (not too far off the Thruway/Hwy90).
    We usually shoot 3-4 stages per match, every week, start shooting around 630pm and finish up about 930pm (depending on the number of shooters that show up).

If you go, there will be one of us available to answer any questions and help you out if you decide to shoot the match (which we will encourage). If you have any questions about it, just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can (I'm on days off right now, so I'll probably answer fairly quickly).

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    Yes, Sentry Defense indoor range at 4415 Chemin Metarie in Youngsville (not too far off the Thruway/Hwy90).
    We usually shoot 3-4 stages per match, every week, start shooting around 630pm and finish up about 930pm (depending on the number of shooters that show up).

If you go, there will be one of us available to answer any questions and help you out if you decide to shoot the match (which we will encourage). If you have any questions about it, just PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can (I'm on days off right now, so I'll probably answer fairly quickly).

Thanks Mike I will try to make it out sometime soon. I just went look at the website for it. Looks like a challenge.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Welcome to the Forum.. I'm in Broussard. I shoot the matches at Sentry as well... when I can make them. I mainly shoot them to practice drawing from my carry holsters.... But they are fun nonetheless.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Welcome from Jennings and another USPSA shooter at Sentry Defense. I go when I can make it as the drive is a bit for me but it is great and the people are great as well. If you go you will get addicted so be warned.....

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    I started looking into the competition shooting. Man I’m not sure my ol 1911 would do very good. I would be loading mags like crazy.

MikeR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Carencro
    We have a Single Stack Division specifically for 1911s and a few members that shoot it. Bring 4 or 5 mags, you'll be ok. ;)

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Bring what ya shoot and you will do fine. You will find there are a ton of different guns there from high to low, metal to plastic and it is all good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom