Got the Sherburne Muddy Road Blues

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beau Etienne

Take a Card. Any Card.
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2009
    Breaux Bridge, LA
    Every year around this time I choose to avoid the road through Sherburne. This means no range time for me.

I gotta admit, as a younger man I ran that muddy gauntlet without hesitation. Sometimes paying the price, most times successfully.

If this rain continues the way it has, I may have to run it again.

Until then, I got the Muddy Road Blues.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    I was there 2 weeks ago and they had some spots that were pretty bumpy . I was surprised at what they did to the rifle range. Looks really good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I was there 2 weeks ago and they had some spots that were pretty bumpy . I was surprised at what they did to the rifle range. Looks really good now.

Have they finally taken down the abomination louvers? If so, I may start using it again. I used to go several times a month year-round, but haven't been back since shortly after the "improvements."

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Have they finally taken down the abomination louvers? If so, I may start using it again. I used to go several times a month year-round, but haven't been back since shortly after the "improvements."

No,The baffles are still up,The bottom boards have been shot plenty of times,It's only a matter of time before they fall out

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    No,The baffles are still up,The bottom boards have been shot plenty of times,It's only a matter of time before they fall out

I honestly don’t mind the baffles. It stops the guys that would stand up and shoot bracing up against the front supports from raining hot brass down the guy in the next lane.

clo5

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Every year around this time I choose to avoid the road through Sherburne. This means no range time for me.

I gotta admit, as a younger man I ran that muddy gauntlet without hesitation. Sometimes paying the price, most times successfully.

If this rain continues the way it has, I may have to run it again.

Until then, I got the Muddy Road Blues.

They graded it last week

GentleBen

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Went to Sherburne today (05/16/19) and road was dry and rough but not that bad. Drove about 30 mph.

Range was immaculate, freshly mowed and a lot of new target stands. Baffles are still there but not that bad, really. Just wish they would remove the last row of boards on the baffles.

I’ll return as long as it’s not raining.

Top Bottom