*^#@#* Trespassers!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Here, Now to load up some shells and put these out

Attachments

• 20190113_171545.jpg
      20190113_171545.jpg
      204 KB · Views: 181

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Had a problem like that a while back. Posted pictures around and finally identified the culprits and turned them in to the sheriff. When they arrested the guy they found stolen game cameras, deer stands, farm equipment, and all sorts of stuff from all around the countryside.

While the idiot was in jail, his kinfolk left notes threatening to burn our house down, etc. It was full tilt painted face and lockdown around here for a while. Never know what meth fueled rednecks are going to resort to unfortunately. Pays to keep your awareness up and stay locked and loaded regardless of what happens. Just saying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Had a problem like that a while back. Posted pictures around and finally identified the culprits and turned them in to the sheriff. When they arrested the guy they found stolen game cameras, deer stands, farm equipment, and all sorts of stuff from all around the countryside.

While the idiot was in jail, his kinfolk left notes threatening to burn our house down, etc. It was full tilt painted face and lockdown around here for a while. Never know what meth fueled rednecks are going to resort to unfortunately. Pays to keep your awareness up and stay locked and loaded regardless of what happens. Just saying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm told this guy is a pilot, Besides I tell the locals I see a dead man crawling around at night with his eyes blown out.

See another trespasser went in there on Jan 2013 or 2014 and blew the front of his face off and crawled around all night long until the old man across the highway went investigated

It pays to act like you see dead people crawling around at night,The locals know the story and they think I'm a 1/2 a bubble off for saying so,These trespassers I don't know however.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Oh lord, if he shoots that dog just because it’s trespassing(dogs can’t read signs) I wouldn’t post it on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No, please don't -- unless it was aggressive. Dogs can't "trespass" as they do not understand property rights. Shooting an animal for simply being on your land without posing a threat would definitely be unlawful; it would not be jail time but it would be a fineable offense.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Yeah, Looks like him. There's 12 acres between mine and his land so he trespasses on the 12 acres that is a timber company property out of Lake Charles,

He cleared his property and now wanders all over the place hunting or at least the boy does and shooting off a running 4 wheeler like he's playing cowboys and Indians.

I'm wondering who to call first,Game warden or sheriff dept?

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Call both, wardens have an easier time recognizing possible shots fired on hunting property giving them cause to enter. Sherriff might get him for the trespass but may also give him a pass until he's been notified. Warden may get him for hunting violations, lack of orange etc

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Get ‘em Gator!

First time I had issues with trespassers hunting I called the local Sheriff’s dept who put me in touch with my local wildlife and fisheries agent. It was a good first meeting. The guy was at my place in an hour, plenty of time to block the poacher’s vehicle and call him out of the woods on the loudspeaker. He handled things then and there. Had to lean on Mr Stuckey twice more after that. Same results. Eventually word got out and I never had problems after that.
    Game warden is the way to go. Good luck!

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I would say Game Warden too. When the guys shot the deer at my house one night I called both. Sheriff office screwed up their part and the Game Warden did great.

Top Bottom