*^#@#* Trespassers!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Oh,The deputy and I also talked about the trip perimeter thingys I have.

He's like man,I bet that will ruin a dogs eyes and nose ( Cayenne pepper )

There is urban myth of drug dealer sprinkling cayenne in the floorboards and trunk to defeate drug dogs. I’ve always considered it myth with a small amount of wit.

I would worry about causing anaphylaxis.

The glitter is brilliant. I’m sure there are drawbacks to it as well but the comic relief is hard to complete with.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    There is urban myth of drug dealer sprinkling cayenne in the floorboards and trunk to defeate drug dogs. I’ve always considered it myth with a small amount of wit.

I would worry about causing anaphylaxis.

The glitter is brilliant. I’m sure there are drawbacks to it as well but the comic relief is hard to complete with.

I'll be sure to have a camera on the action IF I decide to put these on a trail,A bit apprehensive though,I don't want a deer tripping the wire

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Is there any liability in setting up those things? I'm sure he's looking for a reason to get back at you.

Sure, I guess it would be something like this. For the 2019/2020 season.

Yes Your Honor,I was trespassing after a Deputy instructed me to remove my deer stands with a 15 day grace period that wasn't necessary,

So I decided to Hell with it I'm going back and hunt the land like I have been doing with no proof of consent for the last 9 years.

Pay no attention to the pictures of me,da boy and 2 dogs!

But to answer your question, The game warden said I could as long as lethal force is not used, Example Loaded shotgun with a trip wire around trigger.

In other words,Lethal force is allowed if someone is behind the trigger.

I have flash bangs also,About 120 dbs.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Sure, I guess it would be something like this. For the 2019/2020 season.

Yes Your Honor,I was trespassing after a Deputy instructed me to remove my deer stands with a 15 day grace period that wasn't necessary,

So I decided to Hell with it I'm going back and hunt the land like I have been doing with no proof of consent for the last 9 years.

Pay no attention to the pictures of me,da boy and 2 dogs!

But to answer your question, The game warden said I could as long as lethal force is not used, Example Loaded shotgun with a trip wire around trigger.

In other words,Lethal force is allowed if someone is behind the trigger.

I have flash bangs also,About 120 dbs.

If something did happen all you've posted here will be used against you by the dude's lawyer. Will the Game Warden put it all in writing that you can use that stuff?

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Having grown up in Iowa, with uncles owning farms, I truly enjoyed pheasant hunting on their land and I also helped them during my summer vacations. I saw first hand what the land meant to them and also the feeling of violation when a trespasser was discovered, so I fully understand Gator's wrath. I can also understand the occasional thought of using a lethal "spring or trap" gun. I still remember a very sad court case in the late 60's where a farmer using one of those got really screwed by a trespasser. Wikipedia does a good job of summarizing and it is worth reading to help keep one's thoughts out of trouble. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

Though I left for the Army shortly after and came to Louisiana when I got out, I still occasionally think of this case when someone has trouble with trespassers. I hope the trash mentioned in this thread get their due (though unfortunately it won't be a butt full of rock salt). Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Having grown up in Iowa, with uncles owning farms, I truly enjoyed pheasant hunting on their land and I also helped them during my summer vacations. I saw first hand what the land meant to them and also the feeling of violation when a trespasser was discovered, so I fully understand Gator's wrath. I can also understand the occasional thought of using a lethal "spring or trap" gun. I still remember a very sad court case in the late 60's where a farmer using one of those got really screwed by a trespasser. Wikipedia does a good job of summarizing and it is worth reading to help keep one's thoughts out of trouble. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

Though I left for the Army shortly after and came to Louisiana when I got out, I still occasionally think of this case when someone has trouble with trespassers. I hope the trash mentioned in this thread get their due (though unfortunately it won't be a butt full of rock salt). Good Luck and please keep us posted.

Seems that case is a little different. I believe making an unmanned firearm is a no-no and would have the BATFE crawling all over you. If not then, I’m pretty sure now. The shell triggering device is apparently BATFE approved and would be unlikely to *wound* without the directional force achieved with a barrel. If you combine that with shells being loaded with non-injurious projects like cayenne power or glitter should be a sufficient message, without causing physical harm (hopefully).

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Seems that case is a little different. I believe making an unmanned firearm is a no-no and would have the BATFE crawling all over you. If not then, I’m pretty sure now. The shell triggering device is apparently BATFE approved and would be unlikely to *wound* without the directional force achieved with a barrel. If you combine that with shells being loaded with non-injurious projects like cayenne power or glitter should be a sufficient message, without causing physical harm (hopefully).

Well said and an excellant summery
    I actually have a flash bang above my camp door.

You kick it in. You get a suprise!

Attachments

• 20190118_151721.jpg
      20190118_151721.jpg
      209.1 KB · Views: 138

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Skip glitter, use ink... rit dye, not watered down much, in a plastic baggie. Or some paint, maybe a paint grenade like the paintball guys use.

One of those 12 gauge trip wire things with a qt of rustoleum on top... the perp will be easy to identify...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom