5.11 store in Metry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I like their pants when they are on sale at Midway and I like the single point sling of theirs I have. I think I have a couple of their Molle pouches

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm not much of a tacticool kind of guy. Heck, I'm carrying a .38 revolver right now.

However:

My MIL started buying me 5.11 pants as gifts. Christmas, birthday, etc, . . .

I'm hooked. They are comfortable, fit well, and most models have well thought out pockets.

They seem to be durable as well, but time will tell.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    5.11 customer service story:

I had one of their nicer flashlights, I think it retails now for about $60. One day about 6 months ago, after about a year of frequent use, a battery exploded inside (fresh duracell at that...). I called 5.11 to see if I could order a new tail cap, figuring the problem was the switch. Their answer: give me your address. We're coming out with a new version of that flashlight next month, so you'll have to wait until then but I'm shipping out a return box for your old one today. Is that ok? YEP. Sure enough, I received a new flashlight a few weeks later. No complaints from me!

Perret's Army Surplus on Williams has a good selection of their products. I've bought a few things. 2 mag carriers, a belt I think, a few pouches. Again, no issues.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    What on Earth does a basketball player have to do with 5.11? Not sure I want to support a professional sports racket.

Mike

In case you missed it, he owns the 5.11 franchise, that's what he has to do with 5.11. Just because he was an athlete, he's involved in some kind of "sports racket"?

He is a former professional athlete that has made some business decisions that have allowed him to continue to have a career once the NBA money dried up. Smart man.

From his Wikipedia entry:

"Malone is the owner of Teriyaki Grill, Eskimoe's Ice Cream, and Arby's in Ruston, Louisiana.

He also owns two car dealerships in Utah. Karl Malone Toyota is in the Salt Lake City suburb of Draper, Utah, while Karl Malone Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is in Heber City, Utah. Malone previously co-owned a Toyota dealership in Albuquerque, New Mexico, with Larry H. Miller Dealerships, but sold his share in 2010. He also co-owned a Honda dealership in Sandy, Utah, with John Stockton, but sold his share, again to Larry H. Miller Dealerships, in 2010.

Malone also owns three Jiffy Lube franchises in Utah, and is a part owner of Burger King franchises in Utah and Idaho."

And there's also this. https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900044739/family-first-utah-jazz-legend-karl-malone-is-content-with-life-after-basketball.html

Last edited:

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    We have a 5.11 store here in Austin. The store is super nice and has great stock on hand. I find the store really expensive though overall.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I wandered in about a month ago. Holsters only if you shoot glock. I asked about holsters for other guns and the employee looked at me like I had 3 heads- you mean they don't fit all guns??? A few Molle pouches- but perret's has more selection. A fair amount of clothes. They have a black rifle coffee bar with samples if you're curious (I'm not a huge coffee fan but love the company outlook and commercials!).

Top Bottom