Gillette joining the metoo folks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I pay less than 9 cents for each of my safety razor blades, and I get three or four shaves out of each one. And I'm fairly certain that the strop I use for my straight razor will outlast me. So there's absolutely no risk of Gillette getting any of my money, regardless of their "morality."

Mike

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I did. Gillette should stick to marketing razors. Not proselytizing the left agenda. After the false attacks by the MeeToo movement et al propagated against Justice Brett Kavanaugh I try to distance myself as far away from these deluded radicals as I can. No one will argue bullying and sexual abuse is wrong. Teaching respect for women starts at home by a father participating in raising his children. The left have destroyed many families with their single mother welfare model. Seventy-five percent of black children live in homes with no father. And the left wonder why we have these social ills? The MeeToo agenda goes far beyond bullying and rape. I believe the Senate democrats who went after Justice Kavanaugh exemplify bullying and abuse of power. With zero physical evidence they tried to destroy this man's life and reputation. Hence I will speak with my wallet.

"And the left wonder why we have these social ills?"

Many valid points, except the so-called left (politically speaking or sociologically), do NOT care about the welfare of American Blacks or "social ills." They are a morally bankrupt power hungry pack of liars and thieves.

If democrats cared a smidge about the welfare of blacks in particular, they would be trying to give Trump $10 billion for the wall to try to stop the oncoming further decline of American blacks' economic status. Unfettered illegal immigration of Hispanics directly and adversely affects blacks first and foremost.

Also, on the point of the ad; I personally do not and will not acknowledge any person or conversation that contains "made-up" phrases like "Toxic Masculinity" or "white privilege" or any other ridiculous garbage that the America hating morons put forth to try stick on society. This country is a mess because of ALL politicians; but it is a soulless and unpatriotic mess because of democrats!

I will debate anyone about anything until the utterance of foolishness spews out. Then I'm a wall!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Many valid points, except the so-called left (politically speaking or sociologically), do NOT care about the welfare of American Blacks or "social ills." They are a morally bankrupt power hungry pack of liars and thieves.

If democrats cared a smidge about the welfare of blacks in particular, they would be trying to give Trump $10 billion for the wall to try to stop the oncoming further decline of American blacks' economic status. Unfettered illegal immigration of Hispanics directly and adversely affects blacks first and foremost.

Also, on the point of the ad; I personally do not and will not acknowledge any person or conversation that contains "made-up" phrases like "Toxic Masculinity" or "white privilege" or any other ridiculous garbage that the America hating morons put forth to try stick on society. This country is a mess because of ALL politicians; but it is a soulless and unpatriotic mess because of democrats!

I will debate anyone about anything until the utterance of foolishness spews out. Then I'm a wall!

Another prime example

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

That brings up another question about this ''white privilege''

You see I'm writing a song titled ''White Boy Blues''

I done lost my white boy privilege so I got tha blues

I guess it would be bests to start a separate thread

hahaha

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I watched this video (again), and I'm again left with the feeling that it can be boiled down to two simple words: "be nice." It doesn't mean that you can't hunt and fish and have a boat and a beard and drive a truck and engage in all sorts of other manly pursuits; it just means that you can't abuse people that may not share your world views. Sort of ties into that whole "with LIBERTY and justice for all ..." creed.

I'm not sure why this message is so threatening to people, but it does make me wonder. Is bullying or sexual assault or any other assaultive behavior something to cheer on? If you think it is, then please get help.

By all means live the life that you choose to live, but know that you will reap what you sow.

Mike

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I watched this video (again), and I'm again left with the feeling that it can be boiled down to two simple words: "be nice." It doesn't mean that you can't hunt and fish and have a boat and a beard and drive a truck and engage in all sorts of other manly pursuits; it just means that you can't abuse people that may not share your world views. Sort of ties into that whole "with LIBERTY and justice for all ..." creed.

I'm not sure why this message is so threatening to people, but it does make me wonder. Is bullying or sexual assault or any other assaultive behavior something to cheer on? If you think it is, then please get help.

By all means live the life that you choose to live, but know that you will reap what you sow.

Mike

Its more insulting than anything. Telling all men "don't be all rapey and violent," is probably the intellectual equivalent of running an ad telling cops not to kill black dudes. Its stupid and degrading. There is no such thing as toxic masculinity just like there is no white privilege or assault weapons. If anything there isn't enough masculinity going around. How many dudes do you know who can't change a tire without AAA. The male and especially the white male has been under heavy assault by the popular culture for 25-30 years. Its disgusting.

The truth is boys will be boys and there is nothing wrong with that necessarily. Bullying is a problem because we don't allow children to learn how to be tough enough to take it, and God forbid they fight back. Its always been a problem, among younsters, but before there just weren't a bunch of parents and teachers out there preventing kids from figuring it out for themselves. Feelings are more important than laws and civil liberties. Military aged males need safe spaces and mental health days because words were said, not bullets were flying. Seriously we have to stand up and stop the non-sense or the next generation of adult males will look and act like Lindsy Graham.

If I told you not knowing you from Adam, "You know its not ok to beat your wife, if you do please stop and if your neighbor does it stop him," would that offend you? It would me.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If I told you not knowing you from Adam, "You know its not ok to beat your wife, if you do please stop and if your neighbor does it stop him," would that offend you? It would me.

I take offense to very little. I'd think it an odd comment, but I'd probably just shrug and move on. I live by the advice of my grandfather who taught me never to raise a hand to anyone unless it's in defense ... and if that's the case, then to make sure that I end the fight.

I actually agree with a lot of what you said about kids being unnaturally soft now. I grew up on a farm where you were expected to drive the tractor when you were old enough to press the clutch, and where warming up meant hauling in firewood for the wood burning furnace. I knew from an early age what a hard day's work looked like, and I learned early on the value of independence. I don't see kids being taught those same values now, and I worry about that. When I went back to university as an adult I was shocked at how many kids had no idea how to write a check or balance a checkbook, and god forbid they be asked to cook a meal with actual raw ingredients.

And I get it. I love being a guy. I drive a pickup truck with a big V8. I own more guns than any sane person should. I do my own vehicle maintenance, carpentry, electrical work and plumbing because I think any self-respecting man that grew up on a farm should be able to do these things. I cook thick stews with meat in them. Sometimes I don't shave and sometimes I wear jeans with holes in them because they're comfortable, and dressing up usually means matching my boots to my belt.

But -- none of this means that I shouldn't be a compassionate person, and I think the commercial was just trying to say that. Be nice to people. Don't judge. And don't belittle people because they're different.

Mike

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville

Many valid points, except the so-called left (politically speaking or sociologically), do NOT care about the welfare of American Blacks orIf democrats cared a smidge about the welfare of blacks in particular, they would be trying to give Trump $10 billion for the wall to try to stop the oncoming further decline of American blacks' economic status. Unfettered illegal immigration of Hispanics directly and adversely affects blacks first and foremost.

I have seen first hand the negative effect of undocumented workers on American construction workers. They drove pay down so low many got out to make a living wage to support a family. Glad I have a college degree and a State licensing board to protect my profession. It's phucking un-American what these politicians are doing.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have seen first hand the negative effect of undocumented workers on American construction workers. They drove pay down so low many got out to make a living wage to support a family. Glad I have a college degree and a State licensing board to protect my profession. It's phucking un-American what these politicians are doing.

The fault there lays at the feet of the people that buy the houses made by illegal immigrants.

Mike

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    "The truth is boys will be boys and there is nothing wrong with that necessarily. Bullying is a problem because we don't allow children to learn how to be tough enough to take it, and God forbid they fight back. Its always been a problem, among younsters, but before there just weren't a bunch of parents and teachers out there preventing kids from figuring it out for themselves."

Growing up with a single mom that knew how to enforce what was the right way to parent us we learned to open the door for ladies, walk on the street side for them (I still don't know why?) and she did know what a belt! was for (if I got in a fight I got a wipping if I lost I got TWO LOL)

PS I have a beard

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Growing up with a single mom that knew how to enforce what was the right way to parent us we learned to open the door for ladies, walk on the street side for them (I still don't know why?)

In ye olden days of yore, before the advent of indoor plumbing, the chamber pot would often be emptied by simply dumping its contents out the window and onto the street below (people would generally aim for the streets, which were typically dirt roads). It was a chivalrous thing to allow the woman to walk closer to the building (and further from the street), where the chances of getting hit with falling effluence were lower -- especially if the building had some sort of overhang for her to walk under. It would also reduce the chances of her getting splashed by mud or effluence from carriage wheels driving by.

Mike

J.Ellis

One for the road
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Madisonville,LA
    Does Gillette think that all these "toxic males" are going to watch this advert and say. Oh you are NOT supposed to be a bully or mean to women. Thanks Gillette OK now i know.

The Gillette lady razor should make a advert about how women should raise there daughters not to be gold diggers.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    In ye olden days of yore, before the advent of indoor plumbing, the chamber pot would often be emptied by simply dumping its contents out the window and onto the street below (people would generally aim for the streets, which were typically dirt roads). It was a chivalrous thing to allow the woman to walk closer to the building (and further from the street), where the chances of getting hit with falling effluence were lower -- especially if the building had some sort of overhang for her to walk under. It would also reduce the chances of her getting splashed by mud or effluence from carriage wheels driving by.

Mike[/QUO

Well thank you Mike after 75 years I get that answered

Benton629

Mil Surp Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I see the whole thing as a publicity stunt to sell products. Corporate America only cares about money and will do anything to pander.
    I have a beard and I vote with my wallet.
    Yet another company / individual that I will ignore.

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    The fault there lays at the feet of the people that buy the houses made by illegal immigrants.

Mike

Are you for real or just trolling? Seriously? How does any buyer know who the subs were who built the home? Or if they were legal or illegal. Mexicans get legal green cards. Or are we now assuming all Mexicans are here illegally.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom