Gillette joining the metoo folks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I haven’t seen the commercial. I read the WSJ article twice and it was so poorly written and full of advertisement mumbo-jumbo that I didn’t really get the point.

Many years ago one of my family members (great uncle) told me that he was getting old because he couldn’t understand certain commercials. Now I understand. I see commercials that I not only don’t understand, but I don’t even understand what they are advertising.

A few years back I wrote Unilever (an actual paper and ink letter with a stamp). I told them that one of their Axe commercials was inappropriately crude. I expected a response like “thank you for your input...blah-blah-blah...”. Instead they wrote me back and told me that I was too old to watch a particular channel at a certain time at night! They told me that they were advertising for a particular demographic and that they didn’t care what I thought! The nerve!

Now I purposely avoid purchasing any Unilever products. Of course, who cares? They don’t!

At the end of the day, I know that I am responsible for my own behavior and for raising my offspring to become decent, intelligent, responsible, careful, industrious, patriotic, God-fearing citizens. The day won’t ever come when a soap and dry-goods company owns the moral high-ground and dictates behavior to me, my family or the people with whom I associate or call friends.

The chasm seems to widen every day. I’m just as frustrated as the rest of us about the divide and how polarized things have become. Additionally, it also seems like certain segments of our society are getting less and less capable of taking care of themselves and are becoming dumber by the day. I fear that the blank minds out there are ready to be filled by stupid, insulting commercials from soap companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom