Where can I go shooting (besides ranges)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anexplayer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2017
    New Orleans
    My friends and I would like to find an area (public or private, willing to pay if private) to go shooting/plinking. We are located on the west bank, and willing to drive a reasonable distance. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    Thanks

anexplayer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2017
    New Orleans
    9 th ward is a good area but you have to run after a few rounds so you dont get caught.
    I will look into this, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the "sportsman's paradise".
    Ain't gonna happen unless you have land or a lease.
    No land...and i dont know anyone with land -.-

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    We used to have a few places like this nearby. But, unfortunately, inconsiderate pricks who don’t know how to clean up after themselves ruined it for the rest of us and now all those places are either closed or have posted signs saying no shooting. It’s a real shame that idiots like that exist and prevent the rest of us from having nice things.

anexplayer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2017
    New Orleans
    We used to have a few places like this nearby. But, unfortunately, inconsiderate pricks who don’t know how to clean up after themselves ruined it for the rest of us and now all those places are either closed or have posted signs saying no shooting. It’s a real shame that idiots like that exist and prevent the rest of us from having nice things.

Any range you recommend? I frequent st bernards indoor range but I'd love to be able to shoot outside.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    best place i used to shoot was at the camp in a safe direction. no one around for miles. open back door and shoot away. good practice in the dark too.

cb8180

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Would be nice to be able to shoot up in the Kisatchie NF but they don't allow it. TONS of natural backstops out there.

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Nicks in Reserve. Pretty expensive compared to the next two. Fairly tight RO control
    Honey Island. $6 for the day + $2.50 for a fishing license (needed to get on to the WMA). Very tight RO control
    MCTA near Stennis. $10 for the day and pretty much leave you alone unless you start acting stupid

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    9 th ward is a good area but you have to run after a few rounds so you dont get caught.

I doubt the police bat an eye at the sounds of a few rounds going off. Amazing what you get desensitized to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom