NOLA Gun Buy Back, $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I went two years ago and turned in some trash guns and received $100 Walmart gift cards for each weapon. Probably financed through federal grants. New Orleans doesnt put out a penny for such things unless they get federal reimbursments.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    They’ve been doing this long enough, so has anybody paid enough attention to follow where these guns go? Do they search for stolen guns and return them to their owners? I would assume selling them is out of the question, but who knows.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Man I actually don't have any that I would want to turn in... Wish I still had some of the old junk guns...

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Usually it's a graded buyback, with evil black guns fetching the biggest payout. But the article does say ANY gun will get $500. Although, reporters are often inaccurate with their facts.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ol' Don has discovered a business opp for himself! :dogkeke:

Don Mohler says:
    January 14, 2019 at 10:35 am
    Is there a limit on the number of firearms. If I show up with a wheelbarrow full, am I golden?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    *No questions asked*? Then how do they know if you are a resident? I’m sure you will have to provide some info and will be on video. It’s still a good way to fund new toys.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    ORLEANS parish residents only.

I didn't hear anything about this in the video. I have particapated before and there were NO QUESTIONS ASKED. You walk up to the desk and they inspect it for function and unloaded and they hand it down the line to other officers who write down the info into a binder and you proceed to the next desk where they hand you a gift card and NO ONE ASKS ANYTHING.

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    I didn't hear anything about this in the video. I have particapated before and there were NO QUESTIONS ASKED. You walk up to the desk and they inspect it for function and unloaded and they hand it down the line to other officers who write down the info into a binder and you proceed to the next desk where they hand you a gift card and NO ONE ASKS ANYTHING.

Also all the local politicans: mayor, city council, police chief are there to shake hands and kiss babies along with a heavy police presence in the area to make sure no one is around to make a better deal with private sales.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Here is the response I got today:

Thank you for reaching out to Mayor Cantrell. The details for the Gun Buy Back this weekend is as follows:

* We are accepting personal weapons ONLY. (Not state or department issued weapons)
    * Someone can bring as many guns as they like; however, you will only receive one payment of $500 CASH.
    * Guns must be in a bag. Do not come with open and exposed weapons.
    * You MUST be an Orleans Parish Resident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I'm on this. So far I've got two Ravens, a Burgo, a rusty Beretta, and a Mossberg Maverick shotgun.

I'm going to get a couple new suppressors.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Here is the response I got today:

Thank you for reaching out to Mayor Cantrell. The details for the Gun Buy Back this weekend is as follows:

* We are accepting personal weapons ONLY. (Not state or department issued weapons)
    * Someone can bring as many guns as they like; however, you will only receive one payment of $500 CASH.
    * Guns must be in a bag. Do not come with open and exposed weapons.
    * You MUST be an Orleans Parish Resident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darned. Now I have to decide between a Raven and a Burgo. I'm leaning twards the Burgo.

Top Bottom