NOLA Gun Buy Back, $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Cantrell got the last laugh on the profiteers. Only enough money for 200 guns (and don’t tell anyone). Get hundreds to show, wait in line in rain, and let them figure out they got duped on their own. My liason did not make the cut. Oh well!

Maybe next time they will think it through a little more to get the guns they thought they would get or REALLY wanted to get.

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    IDs were checked at the door for residency and serial numbers were recorded on a notebook. It appears that the serial numbers will be run later.

I doubt they'll take the time to check if they're stolen. That's probably just for inventory control.

I’m still wondering what happens to all these guns. I imagine a good portion of the ones not turned in by BayouShooter members are stolen or used in crimes. Some I imagine were stolen just to turn in. As much as I would like to see less guns on the streets potentially getting pointed at any of us, my reservations to the no questions asked policy makes my cynical side enjoy seeing the idiots who set up this stuff get taken for a ride. It’s like asking drug dealers to give up some meth for cash if they give something up it probably is worth far less than what is being offered in return and it certainly wouldn’t be their whole stash.

The majority of the people there were middle aged people looking to make a quick buck, or five hundred of them. One guy said he was going to get a month ahead on his rent. The woman right in front of me was going to go and get her hair done. The young couple behind me, both military, were going to use the money for a better carry gun for her. I haven't decided what I'm doing with my money. My buddy is spending his at shot show.
    Didn't see a single thug in line. It was all very friendly.

Were the serials and ID’s recorded or just serials?

Nobody recorded the IDs.

It was poorly organized and executed. Many things could have been done much better.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    BTW: I'd like to thank the LEO's who were out, in the same rain as us, working under orders. Not even getting detail pay. They all maintained great attitudes, and everyone I saw was smiling.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Ok, Good deal, Now is someone like 340six as an example with an police report on his stolen firearms could go in and request that his are in the pile could he recover said firearms on the spot or is more paperwork involved?

If he reported his guns stolen and gave the serial number, when the serial number gets run through NCIC it will come back as stolen and he would be contacted. If he didn’t provide his serial number, he’s pretty much SOL. No one is going to let him go down to wherever the guns are and let him go root through the pile looking for his stuff.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    The idea of a gun buy back is not a bad one but like all things it gets abused, just like some did in this thread. I would like to see guns that I could end up dealing with on the streets turned in. This includes elderly who have them sitting in their closet because their late husband/wife had it and it’s now just waiting to get stolen. There is no real way to keep anything from being abused other than using a little common sense and the “honor system”. For example, one person in this thread was hoping his stolen firearms were turned in, people abusing the program took up spots that could have made this a reality. Before anyone says “criminals won’t turn them in” I will tell you I know that they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If he reported his guns stolen and gave the serial number, when the serial number gets run through NCIC it will come back as stolen and he would be contacted. If he didn’t provide his serial number, he’s pretty much SOL. No one is going to let him go down to wherever the guns are and let him go root through the pile looking for his stuff.

See post # 94

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Just looked at WDSU News. They have a,story on this. Saying that they started on time and had money till 1245. And that they were just overwhelmed. Those that were interviewed said that most guns do not cost 500.00 so it was a deal and hope she does another one soon.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Did anyone here participate in the buy back because on WGNOs web site it said they were giving 100 dollars for pistols,shotguns and rifles 200 for assault rifles with a maximum of 500 for a household.I tried but they were already sold out and turning people away.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    0e0e016d92d877ddb36b5eec8c8df010.jpg

Oh snap! Good ol’ NOLA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Did anyone here participate in the buy back because on WGNOs web site it said they were giving 100 dollars for pistols,shotguns and rifles 200 for assault rifles with a maximum of 500 for a household.I tried but they were already sold out and turning people away.

They gave $500/gun. Any working gun.

You're looking at the article from a couple of years ago.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I like the comment that since she did this there are now more guns on the streets since some bought guns to turn in. Obama and Hillary also did the same thing tons flocked to stores and bought guns since they said no more guns. 2 of the best gun sales persons ever. Makes you wander if they bought stock in gun companies

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The article says it was a bunch of non-thugs, most with (cheap) long guns, new-in-box. And it said, when they ran out of $$$, everyone left, nobody turned any guns in just to get them off the street. Clearly money well-spent!

https://thehayride.com/2019/01/batiste-latoyas-gun-buyback-was-a-flop-shockingly-enough/

Wow. That article was garbage.

Once again.

I had ticket #181

I got $500 for my chromed Raven with Pearl-like grips. I threw in a chamber flag gratis.

CASH. FIVE CRISP ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS.

No vouchers. No gift cards. Cash.

f350drvr

Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    NOLA

Once again.

I had ticket #181

I got $500 for my chromed Raven with Pearl-like grips. I threw in a chamber flag gratis.

What proof of residency did they require?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Once again.

I had ticket #181

I sure wish these so-called news organizations would actually establish facts BEFORE commenting on them. Not a single time did I hear of anyone getting a "Voucher!"

And congrats to you and anyone else that got paid. It was strictly a profit driven event!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom