NOLA Gun Buy Back, $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    What would happen if someone headed to the buyback event gets pulled over with a *found gun* that happens to be stolen? Think you would be allowed to process to the event and turn it in?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    What would happen if someone headed to the buyback event gets pulled over with a *found gun* that happens to be stolen? Think you would be allowed to process to the event and turn it in?

The officer would do an NCIC check on you. That story MIGHT be accepted if your name comes up clean with no prior arrests. In any case, the stollen firearm would be confiscated and the DA Office would make the final decision on whether to prosecute you.

On a side note, driving 20 over and disrespecting residential neighborhoods, traffic signals, and signs will eventually get you pulled over in New Orleans. I have seen too many people who drive like maniacs in the New Orleans area and the ones I have seen pulled over deserve tickets.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Only reason I ask is that I am thinking people will be walking and driving to that event with weapons that might be hot to the touch. Of course the people in possession of such weapons would have no idea they are stolen. Yes, asking for a friend. ;)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Only reason I ask is that I am thinking people will be walking and driving to that event with weapons that might be hot to the touch. Of course the people in possession of such weapons would have no idea they are stolen. Yes, asking for a friend. ;)

And if they are stopped they can just say the backpack isn't their's...they just grabbed a random backpack as they were walking out the door.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Don't have a bag big enough for my old ass Stevens pump but don't Want to sacrifice a gun sock any ideas? Lol

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Don't have a bag big enough for my old ass Stevens pump but don't Want to sacrifice a gun sock any ideas? Lol

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I don’t see why bringing it in a cheap plastic rifle case would be a problem. That was my plan anyways... I have a flimsy black plastic rifle case that I don’t need. You don’t think that’s alright?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    And if they are stopped they can just say the backpack isn't their's...they just grabbed a random backpack as they were walking out the door.
    As in.
    Not my Car, Not my Pants, Not my Bag man. I just found it, Dude. What's your Problem Man? It is illegal to search and seizure man. No Probable Cause. I am doing the Cristain thing and tirning them in. It is for the Childern ya know to keep them safe. You only stopped me since I am {incert race here} Did I leave anything out?

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    My motivation to participate in such an event would be to get $500 for something worth $50 and upgrade to a better weapon. I worry that these types of events are softening the public to buy backe when the all out ban comes. They will shout from the mountain tops how successful and peaceful these events are. I know it won’t change the minds of people that understand the freedom that is in jeapordy but the ones on the fence might buy into the *why do we need guns* when the government will protect us? It starts small then grows. I hope to see many people being interviewed and saying they will use the money to buy a modern weapon. But I’m sure that won’t make the news reel.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I hope my Single Six it is fully polished and had Black Ruger Ghost Grips added. And dads colt 1911 series 70 in SS does not get turned in. I keep hoping that we get them back one day. I am 99% sure New Orleans would destoy them.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    In line and this is a hell of a long line out here

Sounds like they might even have a cap on how many they can collect. I just saw this on Twitter:

Paul Dudley
    @Pauldudleynews
    Long lines at New Hope Baptist Church for a gun by back event. However, I just heard from a police officer there are only 80 more spots left. Guns here were going for $500.

DxSq3esV4AEzti6.jpg

DxSq3etV4AEUwKz.jpg

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Me and a couple of buddies were about to head out there. Should we change our plans?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom