NOLA Gun Buy Back, $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    How strick are they on the 'working' part? I have a revolver that will rotate the cylender, and drop the trigger. Hell, I might go to this. I can't seem to sell my M&P 9C, or pawn shop shotgun, and they might bite on the revolver? Two out of 3 work. That is $1000. I am down with that!

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Here is the response I got today:

Thank you for reaching out to Mayor Cantrell. The details for the Gun Buy Back this weekend is as follows:

* We are accepting personal weapons ONLY. (Not state or department issued weapons)
    * Someone can bring as many guns as they like; however, you will only receive one payment of $500 CASH.
    * Guns must be in a bag. Do not come with open and exposed weapons.
    * You MUST be an Orleans Parish Resident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is racist and anti math. So NOT going.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    In the video ad, Mayor Cantrell clearly states, ‘no questions at all’, so I’m wondering how they’ll enforce the Orleans resident only thing and still be within the confines of that statement.

1e9574ad32b846fc8470ee6609f294ee.jpg

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ok, the facts as told to me by the Mayor’s office. Criminal justice coordinator or someone working under them returned my call and answered all of my questions and more with her statement. She was apparently reading it from something.
    -One $500 payment per RESIDENCE
    -proof of residency is required
    -guns must be bagged or wrapped. No exposed guns. No loaded guns.
    Guns must be in working condition with all parts included.

When I asked:
    -What about the magazine? Must be included if equipped.
    -Is there a limit? No limit on how many guns you can turn in. Limit of one $500 cash payment per RESIDENCE, not RESIDENT.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Bagged or wrapped? Is that illegal concealment?

Go check out the comments on her Facebook page. Some are just pure genius. After reading through them all, go ahead and report the post as not following Facebook's community guidelines against the selling of firearms.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Bagged or wrapped? Is that illegal concealment?

Go check out the comments on her Facebook page. Some are just pure genius. After reading through them all, go ahead and report the post as not following Facebook's community guidelines against the selling of firearms.
    Do you think it’s illegal to carry a gun that’s packaged or in a case? I’m talking an unloaded gun, being transported from one place to another. I’m only asking a question.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Man. If they ever do this in Baton Rouge, I have a HiPoint and a Bryco Jennings that I would happily sell back. Heck, if I could do two gun buyback events and get $500 each, I'd take the $1,000 and go buy myself a 1911 or something else cool.

Would it be crass to then send the mayor and the chief of police a letter showing them what I gave up and what I bought with the proceeds?

Mike

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Man. If they ever do this in Baton Rouge, I have a HiPoint and a Bryco Jennings that I would happily sell back. Heck, if I could do two gun buyback events and get $500 each, I'd take the $1,000 and go buy myself a 1911 or something else cool.

Would it be crass to then send the mayor and the chief of police a letter showing them what I gave up and what I bought with the proceeds?

Mike

Crass? No.

Hallarious? Absolutely.

If someone were to craft and execute such a witty plot it should be documented here for posterity.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    Looking for New Orleans residents to help a Baton Rouge guy participate in this noble event. I have 3 working 22 long rifles I would be happy to part with, and share proceeds. SO to maximize benefit I would need 3 New Orleans residents from different households.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Do you think it’s illegal to carry a gun that’s packaged or in a case? I’m talking an unloaded gun, being transported from one place to another. I’m only asking a question.

No, I don't.

I guess my question was towards what the law enforcement at the event would consider it. Remember this is New Orleans we're talking about. They can dictate their own laws --- so I've heard.

Jump to 3:03:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom