NOLA Gun Buy Back, $500

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snake doctor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    NOLA
    I got my 5 crisp $100 bills for cashing in an old Remington 1100 and a Marlin .22 that I haven't used in ages. Got there at 9:15 and was #102 in line and picked up the cash at 11:30. The line filled in quickly behind me and stretched all the way around the block. I'm not sure when they will run out of $. The paper said the event ends at 1 pm. There could be some mad people about that time.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Got there at 830am with my Wife(she was not happy....till later.)We got out around 11am, since they started at 1030. This was not as fast as the one last year. I turned in a Bryco with a cracked chamber(happened last night at the range as I wanted to shoot it first.)My Wife had a Jennings .22 that had lots of feeding failures at the range.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Somebody needs to coach the mayor and other city officials on how to run a gun buyback.

The idea of a gun buy back is not a bad one but like all things it gets abused, just like some did in this thread. I would like to see guns that I could end up dealing with on the streets turned in. This includes elderly who have them sitting in their closet because their late husband/wife had it and it’s now just waiting to get stolen. There is no real way to keep anything from being abused other than using a little common sense and the “honor system”. For example, one person in this thread was hoping his stolen firearms were turned in, people abusing the program took up spots that could have made this a reality. Before anyone says “criminals won’t turn them in” I will tell you I know that they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The idea of a gun buy back is not a bad one but like all things it gets abused, just like some did in this thread. I would like to see guns that I could end up dealing with on the streets turned in. This includes elderly who have them sitting in their closet because their late husband/wife had it and it’s now just waiting to get stolen. There is no real way to keep anything from being abused other than using a little common sense and the *honor system*. For example, one person in this thread was hoping his stolen firearms were turned in, people abusing the program took up spots that could have made this a reality. Before anyone says *criminals won’t turn them in* I will tell you I know that they do.

So, Youv'e been able to recover stolen firearms and in the end the owners recovered their property?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So, Youv'e been able to recover stolen firearms and in the end the owners recovered their property?

We recovered 9 firearms from a house a few weeks ago of which 3 were stolen. A couple were fairly new and were reported in a vehicle burglary. So yes, those guns will go back to their owner. Is that what your asking? That’s just a recent example.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Worth a try if anyone sees it not many thugs want a 22lr.

Attachments

• Singlesix-2_zps6a0d492a.JPG
      Singlesix-2_zps6a0d492a.JPG
      116.8 KB · Views: 19
    • singlesix-3.JPG
      singlesix-3.JPG
      136 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    We recovered 9 firearms from a house a few weeks ago of which 3 were stolen. A couple were fairly new and were reported in a vehicle burglary. So yes, those guns will go back to their owner. Is that what your asking? That’s just a recent example.

Well that's good news for someone, No I was asking if any of the buy-back guns turned in that were stolen returned to the owners or does this become property of the city?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Well that's good news for someone, No I was asking if any of the buy-back guns turned in that were stolen returned to the owners or does this become property of the city?

If it’s stolen property it almost always goes back to the owner.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If it’s stolen property it almost always goes back to the owner.

Ok, Good deal, Now is someone like 340six as an example with an police report on his stolen firearms could go in and request that his are in the pile could he recover said firearms on the spot or is more paperwork involved?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok, Good deal, Now is someone like 340six as an example with an police report on his stolen firearms could go in and request that his are in the pile could he recover said firearms on the spot or is more paperwork involved?

I would imagine it would be test fired at the crime lab to see if it was used in a crime first but regardless they will not give it to you on the spot.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    IDs were checked at the door for residency and serial numbers were recorded on a notebook. It appears that the serial numbers will be run later.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’m still wondering what happens to all these guns. I imagine a good portion of the ones not turned in by BayouShooter members are stolen or used in crimes. Some I imagine were stolen just to turn in. As much as I would like to see less guns on the streets potentially getting pointed at any of us, my reservations to the no questions asked policy makes my cynical side enjoy seeing the idiots who set up this stuff get taken for a ride. It’s like asking drug dealers to give up some meth for cash if they give something up it probably is worth far less than what is being offered in return and it certainly wouldn’t be their whole stash.

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

The last buy back I was at, I believe at least one was a recovered stolen handgun. I was told that they would try to get the firearm back to the owner it was stolen from, but this is also in EBR.

I’m still wondering what happens to all these guns. I imagine a good portion of the ones not turned in by BayouShooter members are stolen or used in crimes. Some I imagine were stolen just to turn in. As much as I would like to see less guns on the streets potentially getting pointed at any of us, my reservations to the no questions asked policy makes my cynical side enjoy seeing the idiots who set up this stuff get taken for a ride. It’s like asking drug dealers to give up some meth for cash if they give something up it probably is worth far less than what is being offered in return and it certainly wouldn’t be their whole stash.

Also asked at the buyback I was at. I was told they would be destroyed. Once again though, EBR.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom