Humor the new guy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm new so maybe this has been discussed at length previously, but someone posted this video in the NOLA buy back thread. Was curious to other peoples thoughts, and/or details of the incident that was left out of the video. Humor me or just link in a previous thread and I'll take a peak.

I have some opinions of my own but will withhold them until others voice theirs.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Thoughts are New Orleans is not part of the State or even the Country as far as New Orleans is concerned

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    At the end of it, the citizen walked off with his weapon. So this was a glorified "right to refuse service, please leave" situation. The manager made the store's feeling known, albeit after the citizen had entered with the weapon. So a few questions. If a store would like someone to leave, is there a duty to let the person walk out on his own without police involvement? If the police are involved, what are the requirements, if any, that must be met before getting the identity of the person they are interacting with? Does the citizen exercising their 2nd amendment rights change the answer to either question?

I would bet there will be others who will jump in and give an opinion on other aspects of the video but I think some of the finer details need to be addressed before the obvious points are discussed.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Oh we want opinions here Ok. The guy was an open carry deep. Whok was not just open carry but a look at me open carry douche. And the Manager was a lady who rides a broom to and from work. The cop is just tired of the crap.IE Where's tge,face Palm Strat Trek thingy

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Just wanted say the cop looked like he just wanted to get through the day of cap he has to deal with. Not a good thing or bad. I feel for the guy too. He says he has almost enough to retire. Good for him.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If a store would like someone to leave, is there a duty to let the person walk out on his own without police involvement?
    Not sure but if the person appears reasonable and non-threatening, I would suggest the least confrontational option would be to point out a sign or politely ask them to leave.

If the police are involved, what are the requirements, if any, that must be met before getting the identity of the person they are interacting with?
    If you watch enough YouTube reasonable suspicion of a crime, but thats just back porch lawyering at best.

Does the citizen exercising their 2nd amendment rights change the answer to either question?
    Back porch lawyer here again: I would think not. If he was driving a Corvette, would there be reasonable suspicion of street racing?

I would bet there will be others who will jump in and give an opinion on other aspects of the video but I think some of the finer details need to be addressed before the obvious points are discussed.

Hopefully so. This should be interesting. Hopefully everyone plays nice.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Gonna throw this tidbit out there to chew on.

If a uniformed officer can sneak up behind you and disarm you in a well lit grocery store, what are your odds in a dark parking lot?

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    From the Home page looks like it was settled out of court.

cn8ty9wvovbswyno6bs.jpg

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Gonna throw this tidbit out there to chew on.

If a uniformed officer can sneak up behind you and disarm you in a well lit grocery store, what are your odds in a dark parking lot?

Not the whole story but I once saw a LEO disarm another LEO with a level 2 holster and they were facing one another and it was not dark.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Not he whole story but I once saw a LEO disarm another LEO with a level 2 holster and they were facing one another in broad daylight.

Nice. I guess my point regardless of the opinions that fallow about Officer Bowser, he's a "good guy" with good intentions in a safe and well lit environment. I would venture to say not gonna be the case of most ambush attempts.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    This police officer seems very polite , professional and stated he was just doing his job . Exactly why should he apologize? Now I'm a little surprised the store doesn't have to post a sign or at least ask you to leave , maybe he should just demand they apologize or shop elsewhere . I carry concealed for two reasons number ONE I feel if I put undue stress on non gun owners they may become anti gun TWO When and if I'm in a store or other business and someone goes wacko I don't want a bullseye on my back sorry to sound cruel but while pert is shooting at the one who openly poses a threat maybe I can take him out. Do I try to discourage people from open carry ? No I want the bad guy to have something to focus on .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    He should have complained about it to Whole Foods Head Quarters. The he was treated one that with no sign. Not the cops. They would give him a,100 doller gift card and he could buy 4 oranges. And put a,sign up.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ok we are two pages in and no one has brought the facts so I’m going to speculate what happened prior to film rolling. If I get something wrong please feel free to correct me.

On a fateful January evening (lady told officer happy New Year, yeah I’m a regular Sherlock Holmes) three people notified an officer who was moonlighting at Whole Foods that a regular patron was wearing a gun outside of his pants. Upon hearing a private citizen dared to carry a gun in his store, he sprang into action. He snuck up behind the guy and put him in a chokehold and forcefully removed his (I assume) holstered weapon.

Ok the elephant in the room: I’m carrying a weapon and someone jumps on my back and begins trying to take control of my weapon, I fighting for my life because I want to go home to my family. Police and bad guys both possess vocal cords so saying police while you pounce on me doesn’t give me any warm fuzzies. And since police rarely ever pounce on a person minding their own business, I’m even less inclined to feel safe. Officer Bowser was quite lucky things didn’t go south. His brovado (false or otherwise) towards the end of the video claiming to have disarmed another officer in a similar manner tells me he’s either really dangerous or really full of himself.

Anyone who knows the case please correct me wherever I’m incorrect.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    And reason number #682 why open carry is not smart.

Top Bottom