Douche Canoe O.C.er

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I met one of those the other day. Fullsized pistol tucked into the front wasteband of his running shorts, t-shirt tucked behind it. And for style points, carrying his sleeping toddler in his arms against his chest.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    I have nothing against OC and have had CHP's as well, in 3 different states and one MAY ISSUE Louisiana CHP back before SHALL ISSUE became the state standard. When done right, OC is fine. Like you say, a Quality retention holster and situational awareness along with SOME retention training goes a long way. Actually KNOWING THE LAWS is a huge part as well!
    speedyswheels.jpg
    Note Bayou Shooter shirt...

Last edited:

Pikey244

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2016
    BR
    Had a similar encounter at Barnes and Noble the other day. 100% hipster looking kid running a Glock 22 about 2” above his knee in a nylon drop leg holster. Didn’t even have the decency to have the clasp on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    there are ways to OC and ways to OC/ Nice dress with a good holster. Hat backward with crappy holster Cut off Jeans Shorts, T-shirt Vaping on one of the silly pens. Add in with a 400 pound G/F in Yoga Pants actting all getto for god measure

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    Like your doing? Guess you can move along now, Thanks

A false conflation like this cannot go unanswered. Respectfully, there is a difference between making an open thread on a shooter's forum about a public encounter giving unsolicited, condescending advice and commenting on that thread to the contrary of the sentiment expressed. The cherry on the sunday is the ad hominem attack (douche canoe) and mocking the individual's tenuous grasp of the English language.

Yes, I've also seen people like this, often at wally world. Yes, I do a little eye roll when the pistol (usually a Glock) is flopping around in a clip-on Blackhawk holster. I do not assume to be the arbiter of socially acceptable ways to exercise one's 2A rights gracing them with my knowledge of ways of the gun.

I'll nod that you were using your 1A rights as you see fit but I believe it and this thread do not catch more bees with honey.

I think I'll stay. Though counterproductive, the divisiveness is entertaining sometimes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    A false conflation like this cannot go unanswered. Respectfully, there is a difference between making an open thread on a shooter's forum about a public encounter giving unsolicited, condescending advice and commenting on that thread to the contrary of the sentiment expressed. The cherry on the sunday is the ad hominem attack (douche canoe) and mocking the individual's tenuous grasp of the English language.

Yes, I've also seen people like this, often at wally world. Yes, I do a little eye roll when the pistol (usually a Glock) is flopping around in a clip-on Blackhawk holster. I do not assume to be the arbiter of socially acceptable ways to exercise one's 2A rights gracing them with my knowledge of ways of the gun.

I'll nod that you were using your 1A rights as you see fit but I believe it and this thread do not catch more bees with honey.

I think I'll stay. Though counterproductive, the divisiveness is entertaining sometimes.

Ok, Welcome back with dem 25 cent word's,Bottom line I was trying to cowerce the gent into getting a CC and not OC with his iron plastic ''junk'' so easily removed from his person from behind.
    Was taken back by the comment he had a 357 concealed in the right hip pocket and NO CC!
    Dude in my belief was and is a danger to the general 2nd amendment rights we enjoy!
    I see nothing wrong with a casual comment to fellow gun guy about doing it the ''right way'',It helps the rest of us not to look like ''A''holes in public.
    It's a southern thing to socialize with somewhat like minded people.

Top Bottom