Join BayouShooter For Free
Interstate Guns

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Rabbits

Marksman

User Info Menu

Did your area flood in 2016? if so, the population may take awhile to come back naturally. If you didn't flood, you probably have wild rabbits around, but just never see them. If you have good feed and cover available during ALL seasons, and you or your neighbors don't let housecats outside ever, the rabbits will do ok against the natural predators.

This is not the time of year to buy or release rabbits for stocking. You'll want to wait for at least late spring and want free-ranging rabbits from field trail grounds. You don't want to buy pen-raised rabbits, as they will quickly die off. With only 15 acres, be advised that any rabbits you release will probably not stay on your property very long, unless you have a rabbit-proof fence. You also run the risk of bringing in new parasites or diseases to whatever wild rabbits are in your area.
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter S. Thompson

Marksman

User Info Menu

I need some too. I’m moving to Montana. My wife will cook them for me.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim