Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dads Scale

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Dads Scale

I at one time a year ago or more. Posted some of my dads stuff here and no one wanted it. Well, they did for notta I am now glad.
    The factory paint was not orange it was Bronze and chipped easy. It was like that out the box. Dad never used it. It just sat and it would chip here and there just sitting on his desk as he moved it from time to time. He told me he used it 4 maybe 5 times. When he passed I got it a Single Stage Press used to load 50rnds of 45acp. Almost just size and prime nothing else. 4 Lyman 55's mint. and whole slew of stuff.
    Anyway today I took it apart got all the paint off. Primed it And mixed up some gray auto paint. Same stuff I used on the orange 55's.
    All and all it looks great. It works great 100%
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	83556   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	83557   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale3.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	243.1 KB 
ID:	83558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale4.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	248.6 KB 
ID:	83559  
    Last edited by 340six; January 24th, 2019 at 05:26 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Nice!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Nicely done.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Looks brand new!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

I still have 2 of them from the 70s, keep the cover on it when not in use.. Good job on the restoration.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Looks good! I dont think the newer ones go up to 500 grains anymore?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

SSST

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That is awesome

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Dang 340... you got mad skills bro. Your dad would be proud. As you should be.
    Apparently there was no such thing as adhesion promoter that many years ago because I’ve seen a few aluminum and pot metal pieces of old that just don’t hold the paint. I’ll bet that epoxy enamel will hold up for years to come.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Looks good! I dont think the newer ones go up to 500 grains anymore?
    If you look to the left where the leveling screw is there is an extra 500 you hang and it goes to 1000 Ohas made good stuff back then.
    They made them as Lyman RCBS and as One a. Sadly RCBS now is China. And the Digital is no longer PACT. sign of the times I guess

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    If you look to the left where the leveling screw is there is an extra 500 you hang and it goes to 1000 Ohas made good stuff back then.
    They made them as Lyman RCBS and as One a. Sadly RCBS now is China. And the Digital is no longer PACT. sign of the times I guess
    I think I know where one of those is at,Setting in a guys garage,I may have to buy it!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.