Dads Scale

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I at one time a year ago or more. Posted some of my dads stuff here and no one wanted it. Well, they did for notta I am now glad.
    The factory paint was not orange it was Bronze and chipped easy. It was like that out the box. Dad never used it. It just sat and it would chip here and there just sitting on his desk as he moved it from time to time. He told me he used it 4 maybe 5 times. When he passed I got it a Single Stage Press used to load 50rnds of 45acp. Almost just size and prime nothing else. 4 Lyman 55's mint. and whole slew of stuff.
    Anyway today I took it apart got all the paint off. Primed it And mixed up some gray auto paint. Same stuff I used on the orange 55's.
    All and all it looks great. It works great 100%

Attachments

• scale1.jpg
      scale1.jpg
      228.6 KB · Views: 158
    • scale2.jpg
      scale2.jpg
      226.4 KB · Views: 136
    • scale3.jpg
      scale3.jpg
      224.2 KB · Views: 144
    • scale4.jpg
      scale4.jpg
      241.9 KB · Views: 152
    Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I still have 2 of them from the 70s, keep the cover on it when not in use.. Good job on the restoration.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dang 340... you got mad skills bro. Your dad would be proud. As you should be.
    Apparently there was no such thing as adhesion promoter that many years ago because I’ve seen a few aluminum and pot metal pieces of old that just don’t hold the paint. I’ll bet that epoxy enamel will hold up for years to come.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Looks good! I dont think the newer ones go up to 500 grains anymore?

If you look to the left where the leveling screw is there is an extra 500 you hang and it goes to 1000 Ohas made good stuff back then.
    They made them as Lyman RCBS and as One a. Sadly RCBS now is China. And the Digital is no longer PACT. sign of the times I guess

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If you look to the left where the leveling screw is there is an extra 500 you hang and it goes to 1000 Ohas made good stuff back then.
    They made them as Lyman RCBS and as One a. Sadly RCBS now is China. And the Digital is no longer PACT. sign of the times I guess

I think I know where one of those is at,Setting in a guys garage,I may have to buy it!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom