swap meet

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    3/16 is the date of the next Kenner gun show.

I've always wanted to see a BS.com swap meet. I'm sure there are lots of holsters, sights, gun parts, etc. that you'd sell if you could but not valuable enough to make it worth the effort of listing on bs.com. ( I'm looking for a OWB belt/ duty holster for a 1911... ) Maybe even trade a few guns? (I have a Henry AR-7 and a s&w 469 that I'd consider giving up for the right trade. Maybe even a Rem 870 with 2 barrels... )

I figured we could get together either at the gun show (just for a convenient meeting place) or someplace for lunch that wouldn't freak over the sight of a gun... open trunks and buy/sell or trade for whatever. Maybe we could post a pic on here in advance and arrange some trades ahead of time?

Who would be interested? Make a few trades, then grab lunch or hit the gun show?

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Probably a good place would be MCTA range if we rented it out... Or another range with facilities that include an indoor area... The Mississippi group did a meet at a place not far from Biloxi that we freaking awesome.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Even though He got banned from BS.com Brandon may be convinced to host something at the range by the speedway...

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Why can't a thread be started with guns for potential trade be started without all of the extra comments. Just post guns you'd like to trade although there is already a place for that here.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Why can't a thread be started with guns for potential trade be started without all of the extra comments. Just post guns you'd like to trade although there is already a place for that here.
    Something can be said about everyone being in one place at one time... Plus meet and greets are awesome.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Because a meet and greet is MoRe FuN yOu GuYz.

Also, I have to work so I will not be participating.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    LACamper, I'd love to talk to you and see what you’d want for that model 469. That’s a model I don’t currently have in my Smith & Wesson Family. And I want it.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    :) Stephen PM inbound.

Renting out MCTA would be fun but that would require a lot of planning and money to rent. I was thinking of spending an hour or two swapping and then either lunch or the gunshow.

Redstick, I wasn't locked into then. Whenever we can get the most people together.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I would be down for a swap meet of some sort. But I would imagine most places would worry about liability with a bunch of guys handling guns around their business. Any bayoushooter members with a business in the Metairie/Kenner area? Since this is coinciding with the kenner gun show?

Would the owner of MEPLAT be ok with it?

If you wanted to do it around lunch, maybe the restaurant across the street from Shooter's club?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    But I would imagine most places would worry about liability with a bunch of guys handling guns around their business. Any bayoushooter members with a business in the Metairie/Kenner area? Since this is coinciding with the kenner gun show?

Would the owner of MEPLAT be ok with it?

If you wanted to do it around lunch, maybe the restaurant across the street from Shooter's club?

Which is why I suggested the gun show idea. They won't freak over people handling guns in a parking lot.

I don't know anything about the restaurant. I assume you mean shooter's club on hickory, not airline (or there's Mano's next to the old location on David). The other place I thought about suggesting for lunch was The Tavern on Vets. Since it's a bar no guns allowed but they do an incredible steak deal (like $10 for good sized ribeye and side). Its on vets just off williams. The parking lot would not be good for trades though.
    New Orleans Hamburger and Seafood on vets in front the closed up K-mart near David also crossed my mind, but not really for the food. The parking lot is huge and fairly deserted.

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Perhaps someone might have a business with a parking lot not exposed to the public. If enough attended we could maybe do grilling like burgers or something like that.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Perhaps someone might have a business with a parking lot not exposed to the public. If enough attended we could maybe do grilling like burgers or something like that.

Why not just make it a regular thing at the local gun shows. A day or two before the show, make a post here and those that plan to attend can RSVP and list what they are bringing for the "swap meet". Then just decide on an area of the parking lot at the gun show to meet and a time to meet. Lunch location can be decided on the spot if those who are there want to shoot the bull over food. Seems simple enough.

Take the Kenner show for example. Hours are 9-5 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday. Not everyone will be available on Saturday and not everyone will be available on Sunday. I would suggest that whoever can make it, gather in the back corner of the lot for noon each day. Lunch can follow at 1 pm at a restaurant decided on at that time. Make it out to whatever day you can.

Just my two cents.

View attachment 83641

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA

Love the idea. I don't have a spare parking lot though.... The park on Loyola near Vintage? Lafreniere is a bit too crowded. BBQ/ swap meet featuring N4Sir on the grill? :)

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Sounds like a great idea. To bad I don't get that far down south very often. Usually in the summer months. Set a date, who knows. Might can make it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma

I think it helps that you can see the item in person first without a feeling of obligation. Also, sometimes, there are good deals, they are just aren't good enough deals to drive 150 miles or meet far away during the week. You'd have more changes to get something good with more possiblities

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I think it helps that you can see the item in person first without a feeling of obligation. Also, sometimes, there are good deals, they are just aren't good enough deals to drive 150 miles or meet far away during the week. You'd have more changes to get something good with more possiblities
    Which is what got me thinking about this in the first place. No one lists on old holster. We all have a draw full. I'm not going to list a $20 item on bs.com. Unfortunately, i instead go out and drop $50 on another holster that I'll later decide needs to go in the draw... but with a swap meet I can offer old gun parts (I have an AR tower sight in my draw that I'd sell for $5 say....) or a pocket knife or two, an old scope, etc.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I remember going to a couple of meet and greets at Sherburne, Some brought BBQ Pits,Hamburgers for the pits,Buns,Drinks etc etc

And the best part,It's Free !!! Big plus,You can shoot what your thinking about buying first hand...Did I mention it's free?

Which is great except for the 2 hour drive... Not saying I wouldn't attend one there and shoot but not quite what I had in mind for this... I was thinking about a quick and easy afternoon outing, make a few swaps, get to know a few members, eat some good food.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom