Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: swap meet

Marksman

User Info Menu

Perhaps someone might have a business with a parking lot not exposed to the public. If enough attended we could maybe do grilling like burgers or something like that.
    "Good food is like good lovin'!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N4sir View Post
    Perhaps someone might have a business with a parking lot not exposed to the public. If enough attended we could maybe do grilling like burgers or something like that.
    Why not just make it a regular thing at the local gun shows. A day or two before the show, make a post here and those that plan to attend can RSVP and list what they are bringing for the "swap meet". Then just decide on an area of the parking lot at the gun show to meet and a time to meet. Lunch location can be decided on the spot if those who are there want to shoot the bull over food. Seems simple enough.

Take the Kenner show for example. Hours are 9-5 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday. Not everyone will be available on Saturday and not everyone will be available on Sunday. I would suggest that whoever can make it, gather in the back corner of the lot for noon each day. Lunch can follow at 1 pm at a restaurant decided on at that time. Make it out to whatever day you can.

Just my two cents.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show.png 
Views:	37 
Size:	991.2 KB 
ID:	83641
    Last edited by nolaradio; January 28th, 2019 at 07:16 AM.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Love the idea. I don't have a spare parking lot though.... The park on Loyola near Vintage? Lafreniere is a bit too crowded. BBQ/ swap meet featuring N4Sir on the grill?
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

User Info Menu

Sounds like a great idea. To bad I don't get that far down south very often. Usually in the summer months. Set a date, who knows. Might can make it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Why can't a thread be started with guns for potential trade be started without all of the extra comments. Just post guns you'd like to trade although there is already a place for that here.
    I think it helps that you can see the item in person first without a feeling of obligation. Also, sometimes, there are good deals, they are just aren't good enough deals to drive 150 miles or meet far away during the week. You'd have more changes to get something good with more possiblities

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by twinin View Post
    I think it helps that you can see the item in person first without a feeling of obligation. Also, sometimes, there are good deals, they are just aren't good enough deals to drive 150 miles or meet far away during the week. You'd have more changes to get something good with more possiblities
    Which is what got me thinking about this in the first place. No one lists on old holster. We all have a draw full. I'm not going to list a $20 item on bs.com. Unfortunately, i instead go out and drop $50 on another holster that I'll later decide needs to go in the draw... but with a swap meet I can offer old gun parts (I have an AR tower sight in my draw that I'd sell for $5 say....) or a pocket knife or two, an old scope, etc.
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I remember going to a couple of meet and greets at Sherburne, Some brought BBQ Pits,Hamburgers for the pits,Buns,Drinks etc etc

And the best part,It's Free !!! Big plus,You can shoot what your thinking about buying first hand...Did I mention it's free?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I remember going to a couple of meet and greets at Sherburne, Some brought BBQ Pits,Hamburgers for the pits,Buns,Drinks etc etc

And the best part,It's Free !!! Big plus,You can shoot what your thinking about buying first hand...Did I mention it's free?
    Which is great except for the 2 hour drive... Not saying I wouldn't attend one there and shoot but not quite what I had in mind for this... I was thinking about a quick and easy afternoon outing, make a few swaps, get to know a few members, eat some good food.
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LACamper View Post
    Which is great except for the 2 hour drive... Not saying I wouldn't attend one there and shoot but not quite what I had in mind for this... I was thinking about a quick and easy afternoon outing, make a few swaps, get to know a few members, eat some good food.
    Yeah, This time of the year,AC one day Popsicle's the next.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.