Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Space

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Reloading Space

I was talking with a few guys lately who are in the same boat as I.
    No space to really reload.
    I posted a picture of the stands I made. But wanted to post on the RCBS Assy. Plate.
    I had some Cabinet Grade Plywood so I cut a board out. Sanded it and put some extra stain and oil finish on it.
    Mounted the plate. But also turned it 180* and put some holes so I can mount motorized case trimmer.
    Today I added a hole by drilling and tapping it 3/8-20 so I could mount and dismount the Lyman 4500 Lube-Sizer.
    That way I can C-Clamp the board to the desk and not damage it.
    All I had on hand was some 3/8 bolts I polished the heads on.
    I just wanted to give that simple plate a review. I know some do not have the money or room for a Dillon Progressive or the Space.
    Last edited by 340six; January 29th, 2019 at 07:20 PM.

On Target

User Info Menu

Looks good! I am about to clean my reloading bench up to start reloading again. Sounds like you have a really nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary's gone Cedric's next

User Info Menu

I know a gal that used to prolifically reload .45acp on a folding WorkMate workbench. The whole thing folded up and stored in a closet. She'd sit in front the TV and make ammo.

She's married now, and no longer reloads.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

User Info Menu

Great space.
    I think your reloading area will change over time as you grow into
    reloading more calibers.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HotRod61 View Post
    Great space.
    I think your reloading area will change over time as you grow into reloading more calibers.
    I posted this as a "Review of the Plate"
    I have been reloading since I was 16.
    For me, at this time It is a matter of dedicated space. So just wanted to show review the Plate they offer.
    For those that also have limited space
    Have over 30 set of dies. Some calibers I have 3 of since I do not adjust Seating Dies or Belling Dies.
    In 45acp in I have one set for full wadcutters for a revolver, Semi Wad as well as Round Nose.
    And 30 plus molds as I also cast. I have in the past had a mold problem.
    I need to be able to switch out equipment or have none out at all.
    If I ever have a dedicated room it would go to waste. As it would sit unused at times.
    I have not cast for quite some time but will again soon.
    So that ability to use a bedroom for a guest is a plus. I do not need gobs and gobs of ammo
    Also over the years talked with guys who live with a Wife / Girl Friend / Kids / or Apartment.
    I have 4 presses {2 singe stage and a Piggy Back -2. As well as one progressive. Add in the Lyman 4500 bullet lube sizer. If I set them all up that would require a considerable space
    Last edited by 340six; January 31st, 2019 at 12:41 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

New Reloading bench at storage unit

Late last year I bought a new reloading bench. Weighs about 80 pounds, 4'x2' and has adjustable legs. I moved it into my storage unit and run LED lights on battery to see everything I need. This is a pic after I unloaded everything but before I started organizing all the dies and casings into containers. Rock solid and the top is 1.75" thick solid wood. Plenty of work space once I move things around. I even have my vice on it for AR-15 work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190127_163541640.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	246.8 KB 
ID:	83766

Marksman

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6E802996-E336-406E-B01E-336934CA87E2.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	83771
    You don’t need a lot of room. My space is in a closet 26” X 20”

Marksman

User Info Menu

You dont need a lot of space but it sure is nice. I had a room dedicated to my reloading stuff. The flood took care of that.

So for now ive got some of my stuff setup on a 2'x4' bench in the shop until i finish my new reloading room.

Marksman

User Info Menu

When we moved to the present location over 20 years ago, it took time to make space to set up a reloading station. Since I was doing only pistol a workmate worked quite well for several months until I could build a regular bench. Before the move I was
    using a space in our wash room. We had a room for a washer/ dryer and across was a closet and a small space I setup a table. It was less than 3 feet across but it’s all I had at the time. You just gotta think outside the box sometimes!

Beauxdog

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 340six View Post
    I posted this as a "Review of the Plate"
    I have been reloading since I was 16.
    For me, at this time It is a matter of dedicated space. So just wanted to show review the Plate they offer.
    For those that also have limited space
    Have over 30 set of dies. Some calibers I have 3 of since I do not adjust Seating Dies or Belling Dies.
    In 45acp in I have one set for full wadcutters for a revolver, Semi Wad as well as Round Nose.
    And 30 plus molds as I also cast. I have in the past had a mold problem.
    I need to be able to switch out equipment or have none out at all.
    If I ever have a dedicated room it would go to waste. As it would sit unused at times.
    I have not cast for quite some time but will again soon.
    So that ability to use a bedroom for a guest is a plus. I do not need gobs and gobs of ammo
    Also over the years talked with guys who live with a Wife / Girl Friend / Kids / or Apartment.
    I have 4 presses {2 singe stage and a Piggy Back -2. As well as one progressive. Add in the Lyman 4500 bullet lube sizer. If I set them all up that would require a considerable space
    My apologies. Didn’t mean to insinuate that you didn’t have any experience in reloading.

Its a a great idea you have for small space reloading.