Reloading Space

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I was talking with a few guys lately who are in the same boat as I.
    No space to really reload.
    I posted a picture of the stands I made. But wanted to post on the RCBS Assy. Plate.
    I had some Cabinet Grade Plywood so I cut a board out. Sanded it and put some extra stain and oil finish on it.
    Mounted the plate. But also turned it 180* and put some holes so I can mount motorized case trimmer.
    Today I added a hole by drilling and tapping it 3/8-20 so I could mount and dismount the Lyman 4500 Lube-Sizer.
    That way I can C-Clamp the board to the desk and not damage it.
    All I had on hand was some 3/8 bolts I polished the heads on.
    I just wanted to give that simple plate a review. I know some do not have the money or room for a Dillon Progressive or the Space.

Last edited:

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    Looks good! I am about to clean my reloading bench up to start reloading again. Sounds like you have a really nice setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I know a gal that used to prolifically reload .45acp on a folding WorkMate workbench. The whole thing folded up and stored in a closet. She'd sit in front the TV and make ammo.

She's married now, and no longer reloads. ;)

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Great space.
    I think your reloading area will change over time as you grow into reloading more calibers.
    I posted this as a "Review of the Plate"
    I have been reloading since I was 16.
    For me, at this time It is a matter of dedicated space. So just wanted to show review the Plate they offer.
    For those that also have limited space
    Have over 30 set of dies. Some calibers I have 3 of since I do not adjust Seating Dies or Belling Dies.
    In 45acp in I have one set for full wadcutters for a revolver, Semi Wad as well as Round Nose.
    And 30 plus molds as I also cast. I have in the past had a mold problem.
    I need to be able to switch out equipment or have none out at all.
    If I ever have a dedicated room it would go to waste. As it would sit unused at times.
    I have not cast for quite some time but will again soon.
    So that ability to use a bedroom for a guest is a plus. I do not need gobs and gobs of ammo
    Also over the years talked with guys who live with a Wife / Girl Friend / Kids / or Apartment.
    I have 4 presses {2 singe stage and a Piggy Back -2. As well as one progressive. Add in the Lyman 4500 bullet lube sizer. If I set them all up that would require a considerable space

Last edited:

LandrysGuns

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Addis, LA
    New Reloading bench at storage unit

Late last year I bought a new reloading bench. Weighs about 80 pounds, 4'x2' and has adjustable legs. I moved it into my storage unit and run LED lights on battery to see everything I need. This is a pic after I unloaded everything but before I started organizing all the dies and casings into containers. Rock solid and the top is 1.75" thick solid wood. Plenty of work space once I move things around. I even have my vice on it for AR-15 work.

IMG_20190127_163541640.jpg

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    You dont need a lot of space but it sure is nice. I had a room dedicated to my reloading stuff. The flood took care of that.

So for now ive got some of my stuff setup on a 2'x4' bench in the shop until i finish my new reloading room.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    When we moved to the present location over 20 years ago, it took time to make space to set up a reloading station. Since I was doing only pistol a workmate worked quite well for several months until I could build a regular bench. Before the move I was
    using a space in our wash room. We had a room for a washer/ dryer and across was a closet and a small space I setup a table. It was less than 3 feet across but it’s all I had at the time. You just gotta think outside the box sometimes!

Beauxdog

HotRod61

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2018
    Hattiesburg,MS
    I posted this as a "Review of the Plate"
    I have been reloading since I was 16.
    For me, at this time It is a matter of dedicated space. So just wanted to show review the Plate they offer.
    For those that also have limited space
    Have over 30 set of dies. Some calibers I have 3 of since I do not adjust Seating Dies or Belling Dies.
    In 45acp in I have one set for full wadcutters for a revolver, Semi Wad as well as Round Nose.
    And 30 plus molds as I also cast. I have in the past had a mold problem.
    I need to be able to switch out equipment or have none out at all.
    If I ever have a dedicated room it would go to waste. As it would sit unused at times.
    I have not cast for quite some time but will again soon.
    So that ability to use a bedroom for a guest is a plus. I do not need gobs and gobs of ammo
    Also over the years talked with guys who live with a Wife / Girl Friend / Kids / or Apartment.
    I have 4 presses {2 singe stage and a Piggy Back -2. As well as one progressive. Add in the Lyman 4500 bullet lube sizer. If I set them all up that would require a considerable space

My apologies. Didn’t mean to insinuate that you didn’t have any experience in reloading.

Its a a great idea you have for small space reloading.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    After a divorce I downsized into an apt so pretty much only reloading out of my range kit these days. It's inconvenient but fortunately I'm a low volume reloader (mostly single shots, precision rifles,etc) so it's easier to make do with simpler tools.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    If you're short on space a Lee hand press and a couple of plastic tool boxes will take care of all handgun and 30-30 rifle needs.
    I have two hand presses and keep the tool boxes with everything needed to reload in a closet . I can do reloading inside the house. The outbuilding where my bench mounted tools are is not heated or cooled....the house is . I find myself using the hand press now for all my handgun loading while sitting at the computer desk in spare room .
    If you don't have much room do check out the compact Lee Hand Press...they work extremely well.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom