Looking for an orthopedic surgeon

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m1k3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Central, LA
    My wife's cousin did a sports medicine fellowship with LSU several years ago (five to ten years ago). At that time, he was of the opinion that Mark Field was the best ortho surgeon he worked with as far as sports injuries were concerned.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    My wife's cousin did a sports medicine fellowship with LSU several years ago (five to ten years ago). At that time, he was of the opinion that Mark Field was the best ortho surgeon he worked with as far as sports injuries were concerned.

I did a lot of research years ago and many considered DR. Field to be one of the top surgeons in LA. for Shoulder surgery. I used others many years ago on my first 2 shoulder surgeries and DR. Field on my 3rd. shoulder surgery which had very little movement which he improved. I also used him on a torn ligament in my right elbow but it was already destroyed beyond repair.
    I am in need of surgery on the shoulder he did not operate on and expect to use him again. That will be 4 shoulder surgeries in 50 years.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I am a physical therapist. Green, Easton, or Bankston. All excellent ortho's for your knee.

It is getting to the point where I have trouble being on my feet and walking for any period of time (knee/hip) and those 3 were recommended by a Dr.

michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    I met with Doctor Greene yesterday. I like him. He is of the impression I have a torn quadricep tendon. Waiting on an MRI to be scheduled.

What year is your ‘Yote? I’ve got a ‘14.

Roush fascia
    Roush CAI
    Roush axle backs
    MGW short throw
    Roush shift knob
    (I love Roush)

Attachments

• 685047FB-0E14-407C-A9D1-A5A43F7807D8.jpeg
      685047FB-0E14-407C-A9D1-A5A43F7807D8.jpeg
      88.1 KB · Views: 72

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    I met with Doctor Greene yesterday. I like him. He is of the impression I have a torn quadricep tendon. Waiting on an MRI to be scheduled.

What year is your ‘Yote? I’ve got a ‘14.

Roush fascia
    Roush CAI
    Roush axle backs
    MGW short throw
    Roush shift knob
    (I love Roush)

Nice. I have a 15 GT.

Shelby GT350 intake manifold
    Lund E85/93 flex tune
    LU47 injectors
    JLT CAI
    MMR billet OPG/crank spline
    Corsa extreme cat back exhaust
    Tuned to 7,800 rpm WOT
    BMR SP763 springs
    Track Pack shocks/struts
    Steeda IRS stabilizer braces
    SVE R350 rims 11/10 inch
    Nitto 555 G2 305/285 tires

Do you go to Cars and Coffee?

42353739_2130983290267689_2153793904145596416_o.jpg

Last edited:

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    It is getting to the point where I have trouble being on my feet and walking for any period of time (knee/hip) and those 3 were recommended by a Dr.

If arthritis is affecting your lifestyle that significantly go see one of those guys. Let them know it is affecting your life.

michiganjfrog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Nice. I have a 15 GT.

Shelby GT350 intake manifold
    Lund E85/93 flex tune
    LU47 injectors
    JLT CAI
    MMR billet OPG/crank spline
    Corsa extreme cat back exhaust
    Tuned to 7,800 rpm WOT
    BMR SP763 springs
    Track Pack shocks/struts
    Steeda IRS stabilizer braces
    SVE R350 rims 11/10 inch
    Nitto 555 G2 305/285 tires

Do you go to Cars and Coffee?

View attachment 83995

I’ve been once. They had some really nice stuff. I was gravitating towards the classics since I have a cherry 66 Galaxie 500 2 door I’m working on. They always seem to schedule on my work weekend though.

Very cool car. I haven’t tuned mine.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I did a lot of research years ago and many considered DR. Field to be one of the top surgeons in LA. for Shoulder surgery. I used others many years ago on my first 2 shoulder surgeries and DR. Field on my 3rd. shoulder surgery which had very little movement which he improved. I also used him on a torn ligament in my right elbow but it was already destroyed beyond repair.
    I am in need of surgery on the shoulder he did not operate on and expect to use him again. That will be 4 shoulder surgeries in 50 years.

If you need shoulder work I recommend Dr. Gerry Murtagh at Bone and Joint. I saw Dr. Field and he told me it could not be done without opening me up. Murtagh did the entire process endoscopically. That includes special fasteners and a suture truss. Six weeks later I was working at a construction site. When a similar injury happened on my other shoulder, I had Murtagh do it. In the first shoulder I had four full thickness tears. I’ve known Dr. Field’s dad for 35 years and I have great admiration for their family. However Murtagh hit two home runs for me. He also treats a number of “recognizable” athletes with complex and challenging problems. BRW, the price is always the same wherever with insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you need shoulder work I recommend Dr. Gerry Murtagh at Bone and Joint. I saw Dr. Field and he told me it could not be done without opening me up. Murtagh did the entire process endoscopically. That includes special fasteners and a suture truss. Six weeks later I was working at a construction site. When a similar injury happened on my other shoulder, I had Murtagh do it. In the first shoulder I had four full thickness tears. I’ve known Dr. Field’s dad for 35 years and I have great admiration for their family. However Murtagh hit two home runs for me. He also treats a number of *recognizable* athletes with complex and challenging problems. BRW, the price is always the same wherever with insurance.

Good to know.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've been blessed and not needed any of those Doc's but i really hope all of you needing help get it. And you can be pain free

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Dr Carey Winder at Baton Rouge surgery center fixed my knee after tearing everything you can tear in a knee.
    10 years later that knee is like new and the one that has never been injured hurts half the time.

Top Bottom