Will Louisiana be next?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I could spend a lot of time and effort explaining how in my experience having the ability to charge someone with illegally carrying a firearm is a good thing but it would fall on deaf ears. I will leave you with an example that happened a few nights ago and then I’m done talking about this subject to keep it from spiraling out of control.

A subject is walking in the center of a major highway at 2am. A truck driver almost hits him so he blows his horn. The subject fires a few rounds at the truck driver and the driver calls police. We get in the area and observe the subject in the roadway and he has his hand in his waistband and refuses commands to lay on the ground. After several minutes he complies and a firearm is located concealed in his waistband. The subject has an arrest history but is not a convicted felon and the victim decides he doesn’t want to pursue any charges. The subject is obviously a danger to the citizens but without an illegal carrying law he would be turned loose with his firearm to shoot at the next person who blows the horn at him( maybe your family member or mine). I’m sure a few of you will say he should have been let go blah blah blah but we all have opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Isn't it against the law to discharge a firearm within 50' of a roadway?

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Are you advocating I violate someone’s rights? How can I charge someone with something I can’t prove. If I have no witness and no evidence of a crime how can I violate his rights and charge him? Oh, weren’t you the one questioning my constitutional beliefs? You can’t have it both ways

I must have misread the first post , I thought you said he shot the gun from the middle of the road now you are saying you can't prove it ? If you have no proof he shot then what makes you think he is a problem ? Was he falsely accused by the good citizen who would not press charges? No shell casings ? He denied shooting gun so no confession ? A defense lawyer would say the client was walking along minding his own business and an unstable driver honked at him and swerved close so he yelled at the driver , the road raged driver called the cops who harassed his client who was actually the victim in all this.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I must have misread the first post , I thought you said he shot the gun from the middle of the road now you are saying you can't prove it ? If you have no proof he shot then what makes you think he is a problem ? Was he falsely accused by the good citizen who would not press charges? No shell casings ? He denied shooting gun so no confession ? A defense lawyer would say the client was walking along minding his own business and an unstable driver honked at him and swerved close so he yelled at the driver , the road raged driver called the cops who harassed his client who was actually the victim in all this.

Except the client would have a hard time explaining how the truck driver knew he had a handgun that looked just like the driver described. By the way this handgun was pink. I have a little experience with the court system and attorneys but thanks for the attempt in teaching me something new. It’s a good law, constitutional carry has a lot of downsides in my opinion. Have a good day, I think we will agree to disagree.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    You mean the driver who refused to get involved said so . Your honor the reason that driver knew it was pink was it was in his belt and not concealed he only hid it when he saw the cops because he saw on the news cops shoot first and ask questions later. ( Not my opinion but that is what bad guys use as an excuse). You already stated the driver would not press charges so we all know he is also going to say he doesn't remember anything and don't call him to testify . No I'm not on the punks side, was he high or drunk? If so maybe it should be against the law to be in public and intoxicated in your jurisdiction . If there is no evidence he fired the gun as you stated to be the case then the driver lied about that so maybe making a false report should be against the law in your jurisdiction , almost anywhere else calling in shots fired and endangering Leo and civilian lives is pretty serious. Had the gun been fired where they shell casings? Your case is as good as the evidence and the witnesses and you have stated no evidence of a crime other than concealed weapon and a questionable witness . I am not agreeing with what the defense is going to say but ( your honor we have a crazy driver looking at his phone and almost killed my client and then falsely accused him of firing a gun at him , which your honor the officers already testified there is no evidence of , and the police used that false accusation by the driver as an excuse to search my client . My client is the victim here . If the police would get these wacko drivers off the road and prosecute people for making false police reports maybe my poor innocent client would not feel the need to carry a gun or at least not the need to hide it from the police . Some will say you did a great job getting a bad guy off the streets for a little while even if his only crime was having a concealed weapon others will say hauling an otherwise innocent man in for having a gun to protect himself and letting the Pearson who falsely accused him is why people don't trust Leos . It's a double edged sword for sure.
    Except the client would have a hard time explaining how the truck driver knew he had a handgun that looked just like the driver described. By the way this handgun was pink. I have a little experience with the court system and attorneys but thanks for the attempt in teaching me something new. It’s a good law, constitutional carry has a lot of downsides in my opinion. Have a good day, I think we will agree to disagree.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wklaw.com/does-an-anonymous-tip-give-police-probable-cause/amp/.

Like I said, please do a little research before you comment. An anonymous complainant is probably cause. The law as it stands provided a charge to have this person placed in jail and he lost his firearm. You are writing a lot of words but they are basically your opinion and have no merit. I am providing you with facts and actual experience in the legal system but you continue to argue. I officially done trying to explain.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wklaw.com/does-an-anonymous-tip-give-police-probable-cause/amp/.

Like I said, please do a little research before you comment. An anonymous complainant is probably cause. The law as it stands provided a charge to have this person placed in jail and he lost his firearm. You are writing a lot of words but they are basically your opinion and have no merit. I am providing you with facts and actual experience in the legal system but you continue to argue. I officially done trying to explain.

Ok I’m not a LEO or attorney, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn either, so I won’t tell you what you should have done, but if Mr. Pink Taurus (sorry that’s my assumption) was OC’ing what would you have done?

I agree the guy sounds like a nut and should not be on the streets; I mean for Pete sakes he had a pink gun, but I guess that’s not a crime (it should be).

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I never said you didn't have a legal right to search or arrest him . The cops who raid people's houses and seize their guns because someone with a grudge lies about them have a legal right to do so according to Red Flag proponents . You also had a legal right to check if the gun was fired and look for evidence . I have brought that question up . You also had a right to charge the driver if investigation showed he lied . You were asked by someone else if he was oc would he have been arrested , if so what for? I'm not saying he is not a scumbag and I know you probably didn't mean it the way it sounds but to me it sounds like you are glad it was not legal for him to carry concealed because if it was not for that you would not have gotten to arrest him because evidence (or lack of ) shows he didn't do anything else wrong.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Lol , I bet his momma is going to whup his a$& for loosing her gun .
    Ok I’m not a LEO or attorney, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn either, so I won’t tell you what you should have done, but if Mr. Pink Taurus (sorry that’s my assumption) was OC’ing what would you have done?

I agree the guy sounds like a nut and should not be on the streets; I mean for Pete sakes he had a pink gun, but I guess that’s not a crime (it should be).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I remain steadfast in my opinion that Constitutional carry should be the law of the land. However, it is crystal clear to me we have a multi-tiered justice system (just follow the folly of the Robert Meuller circus). We have thieves, liars, and lawbreakers by the dozens in Washington and if they rode on the coat tails of the Dumbass, there is no accountability for their well established crimes. That being said, if I want to live in a semi-Utopian society where we actually adhere to the Principles of the Constitution, I have to allow ANY person the same courtesy that I desire. How we figure that out, while making it as safe as we possibly can for other citizens, and most assuredly law enforcement, is the challenge.

I don't want to work from the back to the front, but somewhere along the way we had our Rights watered down. I don't want to hear another phony politician or morally bankrupt media slug tell me about diversity or equality or women's BS or any other banal subject of imaginary unity when I need permission to adhere to what the US Constitution clearly states.

Gun talk has been purposely made scary and offensive by reprehensible charlatans that want an unarmed citizenry here in the US. On this globe we have dozens of examples of unarmed countries and populations that are ruled as virtual prisons and prisoners. Yet the same people that are lying to me about their concern for blacks, Hispanics, women, LGBT folks, etc., or the same people that see themselves ruling over this country and my life in the future.

F**K Them!

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    I remain steadfast in my opinion that Constitutional carry should be the law of the land. However, it is crystal clear to me we have a multi-tiered justice system (just follow the folly of the Robert Meuller circus). We have thieves, liars, and lawbreakers by the dozens in Washington and if they rode on the coat tails of the Dumbass, there is no accountability for their well established crimes. That being said, if I want to live in a semi-Utopian society where we actually adhere to the Principles of the Constitution, I have to allow ANY person the same courtesy that I desire. How we figure that out, while making it as safe as we possibly can for other citizens, and most assuredly law enforcement, is the challenge.

I don't want to work from the back to the front, but somewhere along the way we had our Rights watered down. I don't want to hear another phony politician or morally bankrupt media slug tell me about diversity or equality or women's BS or any other banal subject of imaginary unity when I need permission to adhere to what the US Constitution clearly states.

Gun talk has been purposely made scary and offensive by reprehensible charlatans that want an unarmed citizenry here in the US. On this globe we have dozens of examples of unarmed countries and populations that are ruled as virtual prisons and prisoners. Yet the same people that are lying to me about their concern for blacks, Hispanics, women, LGBT folks, etc., or the same people that see themselves ruling over this country and my life in the future.

F**K Them!

Well said, brother!

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.

F**K Them!

Hear That!!

Top Bottom