Will Louisiana be next?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Cool! I hope so. We have had it here (Mississippi) since April 2015 if memory serves me. It’s been an uneventful 3 3/4 years, but I’m typing this on an IMB Selectric one key at a time while watching Jerry Stinger reruns hoping see my cousin on tv again.

Jokes aside, constitutal carry is the way to go. You can still get a license if you wish, and it allows the harmless goobers who would open carry but wouldn’t get the license the freedom to conceal so that they are less likely to have their gun stolen, and get shot with it. The nuts and dirtbags will do what they want regardless of law, so it gives the good guys a more equal footing.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    What would really be nice is if all states with Constitutional carry would honor drivers license from other constructional carry states as a permit to carry . If that ball started rolling we would soon have the majority of the US Constitutional carry without Washington's approval.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/42807/freedom-south-dakota-becomes-latest-state-pass-josh-hammer

South Dakota becomes the 14th state to allow this. I know whatshisface in Baton Rouge has tried to push this through in Louisiana the last couple of years with no luck. Do y'all think The Pelican State will ever pass Constitutional Carry or will Orleans Parish always keep us from having nice things?

It's not New Orleans holding these types of things back! It appears to be the Louisiana Sheriffs Association. I can't recollect exactly which measures (maybe others do), but I DO remember that in several recent Legislative Sessions, when they have voiced their opposition to many restriction easing measures they almost always get Bills they don't like, axed.

Come to think of it, they were mostly responsible for getting the last attempt at Constitutional carry here, tossed.

Keep in mind, the dog & pony shows in the Committee rooms are just that! When you see a controversial Bill come up (particularly a gun Bill), you can bet your last dollar it's fate is usually pre-determined over drinks & dinners the days before.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I welcome it in LA, but there’s that argument that all the criminals will then have a free pass to carry a gun....I just kinda grimace and shake my head when I hear stuff like that now. I’m completely losing the will to reason with ignorance.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    it's not new orleans holding these types of things back! It appears to be the louisiana sheriffs association. I can't recollect exactly which measures (maybe others do), but i do remember that in several recent legislative sessions, when they have voiced their opposition to many restriction easing measures they almost always get bills they don't like, axed.

Come to think of it, they were mostly responsible for getting the last attempt at constitutional carry here, tossed.

Keep in mind, the dog & pony shows in the committee rooms are just that! When you see a controversial bill come up (particularly a gun bill), you can bet your last dollar it's fate is usually pre-determined over drinks & dinners the days before.

this is exactly what happens there!!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Our current system for receiving a permit is ridiculous but I’m not sure I would be for constitutional carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Our current system for receiving a permit is ridiculous but I’m not sure I would be for constitutional carry.

Carrying a firearm as a Right versus carrying as a privilege puts no one in any more harm. Those people with the propensity to use a firearm illegally will do so whether they have permission from government or not. As for those who are carrying illegally now, they have already demonstrated by that action they cannot be trusted with a privilege or a Right.

I wonder why everything I do in life requires someone's permission by either fee, permit, or legality? Think about the hundreds of thousands if not millions of people born in the last decade to single mothers. Those statistics show an alarming association between fatherless child rearing and criminality, economic failure, lack of education, illiteracy, drug dependence, etc., etc., in adulthood.

How is it that I need permission from someone to go to the lake and catch a fish, and an American women can breed unfettered and unabated regardless of her ability to support another mouth to feed or body to clothe and house? I worry more about the long term effects on this country from the unfettered birth of future failures and criminals than I do about a dumbass partaking in carrying a gun as a Constitutional Right.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Carrying a firearm as a Right versus carrying as a privilege puts no one in any more harm. Those people with the propensity to use a firearm illegally will do so whether they have permission from government or not. As for those who are carrying illegally now, they have already demonstrated by that action they cannot be trusted with a privilege or a Right.

I wonder why everything I do in life requires someone's permission by either fee, permit, or legality? Think about the hundreds of thousands if not millions of people born in the last decade to single mothers. Those statistics show an alarming association between fatherless child rearing and criminality, economic failure, lack of education, illiteracy, drug dependence, etc., etc., in adulthood.

How is it that I need permission from someone to go to the lake and catch a fish, and an American women can breed unfettered and unabated regardless of her ability to support another mouth to feed or body to clothe and house? I worry more about the long term effects on this country from the unfettered birth of future failures and criminals than I do about a dumbass partaking in carrying a gun as a Constitutional Right.

For me it’s not a matter of criminals carrying regardless, that is def true.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    For me it’s not a matter of criminals carrying regardless, that is def true.

Ok, some times I’m a little slow on the uptake. If it’s not the bad guys with guns who concern you, and the non bad-guy doofus’s can already walk around openly carrying their six-shooters in passive retention holsters, who is left to be concerned about?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you are against Constitutional carry how many of the other bill of rights are you against.

Here we go with this nonsense.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok, some times I’m a little slow on the uptake. If it’s not the bad guys with guns who concern you, and the non bad-guy doofus’s can already walk around openly carrying their six-shooters in passive retention holsters, who is left to be concerned about?

I could spend a lot of time and effort explaining how in my experience having the ability to charge someone with illegally carrying a firearm is a good thing but it would fall on deaf ears. I will leave you with an example that happened a few nights ago and then I’m done talking about this subject to keep it from spiraling out of control.

A subject is walking in the center of a major highway at 2am. A truck driver almost hits him so he blows his horn. The subject fires a few rounds at the truck driver and the driver calls police. We get in the area and observe the subject in the roadway and he has his hand in his waistband and refuses commands to lay on the ground. After several minutes he complies and a firearm is located concealed in his waistband. The subject has an arrest history but is not a convicted felon and the victim decides he doesn’t want to pursue any charges. The subject is obviously a danger to the citizens but without an illegal carrying law he would be turned loose with his firearm to shoot at the next person who blows the horn at him( maybe your family member or mine). I’m sure a few of you will say he should have been let go blah blah blah but we all have opinions.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I could spend a lot of time and effort explaining how in my experience having the ability to charge someone with illegally carrying a firearm is a good thing but it would fall on deaf ears. I will leave you with an example that happened a few nights ago and then I’m done talking about this subject to keep it from spiraling out of control.

A subject is walking in the center of a major highway at 2am. A truck driver almost hits him so he blows his horn. The subject fires a few rounds at the truck driver and the driver calls police. We get in the area and observe the subject in the roadway and he has his hand in his waistband and refuses commands to lay on the ground. After several minutes he complies and a firearm is located concealed in his waistband. The subject has an arrest history but is not a convicted felon and the victim decides he doesn’t want to pursue any charges. The subject is obviously a danger to the citizens but without an illegal carrying law he would be turned loose with his firearm to shoot at the next person who blows the horn at him( maybe your family member or mine). I’m sure a few of you will say he should have been let go blah blah blah but we all have opinions.

If the victim refused to press charges maybe you should be looking at finding something to hang on him for letting the punk go . I find it hard to believe firing a gun on a public road isn't in itself illegal and unlawful use of a firearm whether it's legally carried or illegally carried . Point is there are people like this out there and that is why we should be able to carry . I do understand what you are saying but tell me exactly how long before he was back on the street and what was done to prevent him from having a gun and actually shooting someone next time ? If he got life without parole I stand corrected if not then it's just a matter of time and hopefully the next person he shoots at shoots back .

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    If you are against Constitutional carry how many of the other bill of rights are you against.

They’re called amendments pal. The first ten amendments of the Constitution make up the Bill Of Rights.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If the victim refused to press charges maybe you should be looking at finding something to hang on him for letting the punk go . I find it hard to believe firing a gun on a public road isn't in itself illegal and unlawful use of a firearm whether it's legally carried or illegally carried . Point is there are people like this out there and that is why we should be able to carry . I do understand what you are saying but tell me exactly how long before he was back on the street and what was done to prevent him from having a gun and actually shooting someone next time ? If he got life without parole I stand corrected if not then it's just a matter of time and hopefully the next person he shoots at shoots back .

Are you advocating I violate someone’s rights? How can I charge someone with something I can’t prove. If I have no witness and no evidence of a crime how can I violate his rights and charge him? Oh, weren’t you the one questioning my constitutional beliefs? You can’t have it both ways

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I get it the guy doesn’t belong in the same free world we share. And I know you guys have a tough job and get put in tight spots but there has to be a better way. Using an arbetrary law to get a dirtbag off the street is a crutch. Either the justice system has a broken leg or it needs to get back to walking on it’s own two feet.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom