Victoria, B.C., Jambalaya

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Was reading another board where a guy posted.
    For some reason, I just had a sudden hankerin' for some Jambalaya lately so I made a great big pot of it last night. I tend to make large quantities of my soups and stews and chowders and then freeze several portions in containers for quick meals when I just don't feel energetic enough to cook. I made this Jambalaya with onions, garlic, diced tomatoes, and rice with a goodly helping of Cajun spices and some hot sauce. I let it simmer for about an hour and then I added generous portions of sauteed chicken and pork that I diced into bite sized morsels and then I added some diced up small diameter links of pepperoni sausage. It was pretty good last night for dinner, but it'll taste even better for dinner tonight now that it's aged a little bit! While it's re-heating on the stove tonight I'll make a big batch of cornbread in my Lodge cornbread skillets ...

(Hmmm ... I wonder what the poor people are eating for dinner tonight?)
    Made me think of that Soup Nazi where Newman orders Jambalaya
    One guy did set him right and say

From what I've seen, gumbo is similar, but more of a soup commonly served over rice rather than rice being cooked with it.
    Jambalaya would be drier, and sort of look like Chinese fried rice that was made in Louisiana.
    makes see how lucky we are

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    2 of our members here also members there they posted on that thread nicely. I saw it when it was 1st put up but did not.
    I did not want to as the OP was just having a good time cooking. No need for me to put my $0.02 in. But I did keep an eye on it just to see where it went.
    Still not knocking them just putting it out there how good we have it here.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom