Out of State Gun Buying...... Scam or What?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CaVbRef

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Well let's look at this from the position of the seller to see where they could be the suckers. The buyer is saying he will put up the money up front and have the gun transferred from FFL to FFL. If the money isn't sent, the seller does not ship the gun. The receiving FFL may be in on any scam but I would have to expect they wouldn't have an FFL for long if they were. If that's part of the scam, you would need a constant flow of people and money to pay for FFL after FFL. So if you have the money and the FFL's are legit, where is the problem? The buyer could be using a stolen credit card. The gun would need to be picked up by the time the charge is disputed or the process should be able to be stopped. And if the charge is disputed after being picked up, there is a person who is a part of the scam who has been ID'd. And the scammers would need a steady supply of working credit card numbers to facilitate this on a long term basis. The buyer could be a prohibited person or it could be a straw purchase. That would be covered by the receiving FFL. So what else am I missing? I agree, the language and the multiple emails all saying the same or nearly the same thing is certainly suspect and suggests something illegitimate. But what?

If it is taken to a local FFL (who ships it) to the receiver's FFL all of the legal areas are covered. Payment in this type of sale is usually made in advance to the seller to make sure payment has gone through. The buyer takes care of the FFL fees at his end.
    I live across the country from my legal residence and have purchased firearms by meeting the seller at a local FFL and had it shipped to a FFL in my home state when I know I will be traveling back home and I'm lucky enough to find something I have been looking for at a price I am willing to pay (including the FFL costs)
    Prices vary a lot across the country. I joined BayouShooter because I used to live in BR and I missed home. I belong to forums in the Pacific Northwest (legal residence) Texas (where I plan to retire) and southeast coast (contract work).
    I would negotiate prices with a seller (to offset FFL costs) but I have found some really good deals this way.
    The voice to text apps also give you some really stilted language and syntax. But I already know I won't even attempt to purchase from Magdump ;)

Top Bottom