Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Out of State Gun Buying...... Scam or What?

Alright, I'm selling a few guns and decided to put one of them up for sale on a national website(actually with the intention of only selling it within Louisana). I get an email from some guy saying...... well, here it is......

Hello, i will love to hear back from you, if this firearm is still available for sale via my gmail
    So I'm thinking it's some guy somewhere in Louisiana and reply asking him what he wants to know.

His reply......
    Thx for getting back to me. Is it perfectly working? No scratches or wear marks? I m an inter state truck driver and located in Everett, WA . I m ready to make an instant purchase.. I have an FFL to receive it for me if you are willing to ship here. If yes, what's your shipping cost to 98291?? Or i can arrange for a local dealer in your area for you to drop off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive it without your concern and this is after you must have receive payment!
    At that point I tell him I'm not interested in dealing with shipping as it sounds fishy to me. He then replies again.....
    i can arrange for a local dealer in your area for you to drop off and they will do what is necessary for me to receive it without your concern and this is after you must have receive payment!

So, I don't intend to answer his emails because to me it's got to be a scam. You can't tell me that there are no other guns available and what I have is not worth the added expense of going through that much commotion.

What say you guys? You ever deal with a situation like this before?
    Last edited by N4sir; February 1st, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
    "Good food is like good lovin'!"

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Yeah,His reply is full of trigger words for a sale,Probably a ''G'' man to
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Just the arrangement of English tells me it’s more likely intercontinental than interstate... but that’s just a feeling I get...when I look to the west...

After you must have receive payment! LMAO.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Yeah,His reply is full of trigger words for a sale,Probably a ''G'' man to

Maybe this has something to do with that drone in the sky the other day, huh? Lol......

Moving forward

User Info Menu

If I follow right.. you drop it off at your local ffl to be shipped to his fll? And you get paid before it ships? Sounds legit to me.

But if he doesn’t like it upon receipt makes it a ball of fun to deal with.

Marksman

User Info Menu

It doesn't sound like English is their first language, but I don't see any problem with the methods. They are willing to[A] have you ship the gun to their FFL, or [B ]arrange for you to drop the gun off with an FFL locally after which you do not have to burden yourself. The only scam could be a money scam, as long as you get paid in a reliably accepted way I would say G2G.

Marksman

User Info Menu

As for the English I wrote off as he was using "talk to text" which I do sometimes and it makes for some crazy writing.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N4sir View Post
    Maybe this has something to do with that drone in the sky the other day, huh? Lol......
    I didn't think of that! Pretty sure your right about a ''connection''
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

One for the road

User Info Menu

Sounds like a west African, or Pakistan guy trying out a new scam.

I do not know your gun for sale but is it one of a kind, special?

Out of state, only texting and want to buy it sight unseen, and always assuring you will be paid in full and no negotiation on the price....to good to be true

You might not even be the target for the scam. He might be using your ad and asking questions about your gun to scam someone in Washington state or else where.

using pictures and descriptions you give him I bet he is selling your gun on another web site. Some poor sap calls him looking for your gun at discounted crazy low price. But you got to reserve, (because it’s such a good deal and people are coming over to buy it latter on in the day)

At that point most people would walk away, but it just takes one person thinking they are going to loose out and throw caution to the wind.

I would stay away.

Low Speed High Drag

User Info Menu

Man you need to change this title. I thought someone was saying Interstate Guns was scamming people and I was like GTFO.
    "They're ivory. Only a pimp from a cheap New Orleans whorehouse would carry a pearl-handled pistol." - General George Patton

All Items Posted For Sale Are From My Own Private, Personal Collection. Any Opinions Given Do Not Reflect The Official Policy Of Any Local, State Or Federal Agency.