WTB: Cheap case tumbler

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Go to Harbor Freight and pick up one of their rock tumblers. They make a single and double drum models. I can't speak to the double model, but I've used the single drum for years.
    The real downside to these is tve drive belt, they're pure crap. You can either buy an O ring or what I've had forever is an O ring from a used Ford diesel oil filter. It works really well. Fill the drum with cases, cover with hot water, add dish soap and a touch of lemi-shine. Like new cases.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I've used one of those Harbor Freight vibratory tumbler and the same 20# bag of lizard litter from Petco for years now. It works like a champ.

Instead of a cylinder that rotates on rollers like Metryshooter described, the one I have has a bowl shaped like a bundt cake pan. Fill it up about halfway with lizard litter/crushed walnut shells, turn it on, then add enough cases to be cleaned. The one I have easily holds 500 9mm cases.

Then I use a 5 gal bucket and a $3 collander to separate and sift the brass.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom